Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full Tilt Boots

Poster: A snowHead
I'm in the market for some new boots.

Never tried on a pair of these but really fancy them after lots of research. Possibly the Seth Morrison ones.

Has anyone had experience with Full Tilt Boots?

I'm 6ft 2, weigh 16.5 stone but reasonably athletic (always been big boned wink , an pretty aggressive skier who spends a pretty much 40% on piste, powder 40% and park 20%. Currently riding K2 Obsethed's, CoreUPTs for the park and Salomon Foils for dossing about.

Any advice would be great! Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A well designed boot with a reasonable pedigree coming from the old Raichle molds. Best bet is to try them.. if they are the wrong shape for your foot then no matter how much you like them, they won't do anything to help your skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks,

I completely agree. I have no full tilt dealers near me which is my major concern. Living in leeds city centre I don't Have a car so getting anywhere which sells them is an issue.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had some Konflict a couple of years ago, not quite the right shape for me around the toes so havn't stuck with them.... however they did what they said on the tin and skied really well. i suppose i should have had some work done on the toe area and not bee lazy so lazy!!
like any boots if they fit they're right for you, They're quite narrow 99mm last i think so if you've got wide feet they'll be a no no.
I thinkn you'll get this a lot but... go see a good bootfitter, don't go in with preconceptions and be guided to the right boot for you. take all day if you need to!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you are right about the 99mm. I will need to get a lift off somebody to my nearest boot fitter. I don't even know where it is if I'm honest. Leeds has nothing like that.

I'm going to measure my feel width again tonight.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just found some in Otley.

Bus ride it is!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have three pairs: two Flexons with plastic boot board and traditional tongue liner and one Full Tilt with Intuition liner and anti shock boot board. The Flexons are more accurate in response because of the higher quality PU shell, despite their age.The FTs Intuition liner is, however, much warmer.If you have a medium or large lower leg, the Intuition wrap fit will work well. The forefoot is 99mm and the rearfoot medium - narrow volume. The critical fit is the mid boot which is relatively low volume and low arch height, but can be solved by grinding the liner. The forward flex is different from a traditional overlap side hinged boot in being longer and more progressive. Lateral stiffness , and therefore pressure transfer, is excellent. As such, it is most suited to off piste, bumps and jumps/park.
The toebox has been changed in the 2013 high performance FTs to be less tapered and more anatomical [ squared for the big toe ], which will be a big improvement for fit, performance and comfort.
The boot design and performance will meet your terrain needs.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you fancy getting your passport out and coming over to Lancashire Graham @ Rivington Alpine is worth a shout - thats where mine came from & train station is 5 mins walk away from his place - ring 1st though as I was in last week and new season stock is only just starting to arrive.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
parkesy wrote:
I'm in the market for some new boots.

Never tried on a pair of these but really fancy them after lots of research. Possibly the Seth Morrison ones.

Has anyone had experience with Full Tilt Boots?

I'm 6ft 2, weigh 16.5 stone but reasonably athletic (always been big boned wink , an pretty aggressive skier who spends a pretty much 40% on piste, powder 40% and park 20%. Currently riding K2 Obsethed's, CoreUPTs for the park and Salomon Foils for dossing about.

Any advice would be great! Thanks

I really like mine (Full Tilt Konflict) but had to get the toe area blown out as they are really narrow. Don't forget Dalbello Krypton's similar boot (as in progressive flex) and I have heard the Dalbello liners are fantastic.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parkesy wrote:
I think you are right about the 99mm. I will need to get a lift off somebody to my nearest boot fitter. I don't even know where it is if I'm honest. Leeds has nothing like that.

I'm going to measure my feel width again tonight.

FT are now doing some of their boot variants as a 102mm last - not a huge difference, but might be enough....
Stockists are on the FT website...good luck, I fancy a pair of them too, the ease of getting in / out of these boots looks a dream!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great boots.

Easy on and off.
Comfortable to ski and walk in.
Light.
Laterally stiff, softish fore/aft unless you purchase the stiffest tongue.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy'n'netty wrote:
If you fancy getting your passport out and coming over to Lancashire Graham @ Rivington Alpine is worth a shout - that's where mine came from & train station is 5 mins walk away from his place - ring 1st though as I was in last week and new season stock is only just starting to arrive.

I may just do that!

I thought around 102mm and the extra tow room this year would support a wider foot? To be honest im pretty sure im the fat foot category. If this fails what are the other options for around the £300 mark?

I know that you shouldn't be guided by price but money is money at the end of the day...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello all,

Glad to say I have purchased the Nes Salomon Quests 120 from Slip and Slide in Otley. Great service from master boot fitter Steve. I got the heads up from a forum thread on here so thanks for that. So glad I went and got the custom mould etc. really worth it and all for the same price as online. Bargain in my opinion.

So thanks! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parkesy wrote:
Hello all,

Glad to say I have purchased the Nes Salomon Quests 120 from Slip and Slide in Otley. Great service from master boot fitter Steve. I got the heads up from a forum thread on here so thanks for that. So glad I went and got the custom mould etc. really worth it and all for the same price as online. Bargain in my opinion.

So thanks! Very Happy

Steve is a Mastaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowHead

BTW............ Why, ohhhhhhh WHY, did he not sell you the STROLZ boots??????????????????????? Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing

Oh he tried! I would have loved too but 600 was over the budget. Double in fact. I still went over but doubling was a bridge too far!
latest report
parkesy, Steve is a real gold-mine for kit, advice, and inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, ..................... he still owes me a beer and a curry for spamming his "Slip and Slide" emporium! wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy