Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello Snowheads / La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads,

Been a long time lurker on here since I did a season in Meribel in 2008. Finally decided to pipe up and say hello. Hello 

Decided I’m only young once so this winter I will be heading back to France with the mrs for one last huurah of a season. Off to La Rosiere as we were really sold on the family company and had a great job offer. Slightly concerned about the resort after reading negative comments on here “flat, bit boring, no steeps”etc.

My girlfriend is a beginner but I would class myself as advanced/expert. Been skiing for around 16 years including a season or two. I enjoy all the mountain - piste, park and powder - and have always been either a jibby type of person on the slope or an aggressive charger on the steeps. Don’t mind if the resort is quiet at night, all I need is wine and a bit of music.

Question is: Am I going to get seriously bored quickly?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
here's some of the gentle slopes Wink

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahhh. That makes me feel better already.

Looks quite Avy! Think I will go with a local guide first. I really want to learn more snow-craft and receive some additional transceiver training etc.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parkesy, yes that was with a guide, there was also some great lines over the Italian side that involved a boot pack (which we didn't do)

Plenty of lower down stuff though .... this was without a guide

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks fantastic. That looks like some perfect skiing.

I'm hoping after a season my girlfriend can join me on some similar things. Maybe not the heli skiing mind...

Thanks for pics, got me excited Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Rosiere is an ideal choice for a beginner/advanced couple. Plenty of wide, empty pistes for the beginner/very quickly intermediate and off-piste for you. And then there is La Thuile (at the end of two loooonnnnnnggg drag lifts - take a book) and strong coffee and cheap pizza and heliskiing in Italy. Because it's at the end of the road (literally) the resort rarely gets crowded, but the seasonaires soon get to know each other (Ski Olympic/Esprit/Trier from Denmark) and everyone meets up in Petit Danois. OK, it's nothing like as expansive as 3 Valleys, but as an all-round resort that you'll both enjoy, I think you've got a good gig.

First thing you need to do is find Simon Atkinson - http://www.elite-ski.com/ - which shouldn't be too difficult as everyone knows everyone else there. He'll fix you up with lessons for OH at ESF and is the man to take you off-piste etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds very promising then! Really appreciate the advice.

I'm 27 now and not the hell raiser I once was. Therefore it all seems very appealing to me. Not as crazy as Meribel (or expensive) with a good option of off piste, heli skiing and a few parks to appease the ego in me.

I will be searching out Simon definitely!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not much of a journey to so much other skiing in the area anyway - across the valley to Les Arcs, La Plagne or down to the valley and a bit up it to Ste Foy, and only slightly further to Val d'Isere/Tignes.
I must admit that my one day visiting La Rosiere it did all seem very flat but perhaps there were some bits that we didn't see. I have a feeling there isn't that much like the first photo above (which looks great).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suppose I have to compromise going with a beginner. It would be selfish/dangerous if me to start whizzing about chamonix (my heaven at times) with a girl who has 5 days under her belt. I don't mind sessioning the park a fair bit either.

I'm hoping I find the right balance between powder/park and some piste while not leaving Louise out on her own mastering the soft groomers.

I do miss Chamonix though. First place I ever went and fell in love with it.Gite Vagabond Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, that was probably the steepest I found on the La Ros side, but over in La Thuile with skiing or boot packing or indeed heli drops there were loads more decent lines....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interesting.

Any info on snow records that you could share? Meribel as we know was terrible at times, a delight in others.

Im hoping as its quieter, the powder will stay around longer
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parkesy, use this sites search function, La Ros has been discussed many times inc the snow record!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. I completely forgot about that

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It has a very good snow record with off piste getting tracked out far later than its more famous neighbours.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow - Lots on La Rosiere and some fairly intense back-and-forths....

Lots of opinions!
ski holidays
parkesy, there certainly is a bit of history for sure Laughing

I'm pretty sure the resort will tick most of your boxes. One of the sH regulars was out there last season - if he picks up on this thread, I'm sure he'd be a good connection.

For sure, it isn't the liveliest of resorts, but there are several bars of note that are plenty entertaining Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy