Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski wax for Hemel snow centre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I am off to Hemel on Saturday for a Warren smith ski lesson, I want to use my trusty B2's, can i use general purpose Toko wax, or do I need something a harder, I will probably use my Not wax puck on the day as well.

Thanks

Neil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
General purpose is fine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No yiou need special wax ffs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Rob Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok then, which wax timbobaggins?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
njl1968, I think he may have been joking (but could be wrong.) Anyway, I'm sure it's a good idea in principle to wax your skis before a Warren Smith course at Hemel: speaking from experience, you'll be spending hours on end doing braquage, for which slippy skis are a distinct advantage. Hope you enjoy it, but have to say that I've never been so bored - or so cold - in my life.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK Smile well I though It was worth a try before the proper skiing starts Very Happy , had hoped to do a snoworks course but they sold out.

Cheers

Neil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Keep watching for Snoworks courses, they sometimes add extra dates.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica,

I was sort of joking, but lifted from a well respected snowheads ski tuning web site.

I am going to ski on an indoor slope, is there anything specific I should know

A. The snow on indoor slopes is generally more abrasive, its better to have a harder wax applied,

I use Datawax Polar X
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is what I did the last time I went: waxed the skis with the regular Dominator, cooled for the recommended time and scraped off "almost" clean. No brushing. After the session on the slope could see traces of wax still remaining on the bases.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Depends on how much skiing you plan on doing indoor, and how much you value your bases.

If this is a one-off session indoor, then a universal/general wax will be fine. But I would recommend re-waxing them afterwards before using them in the mountains.

If, however, you plan to do quite a few sessions indoors, and you want to preserve your bases, I would suggest using an indoor wax (I use Holmenkol IndoorWax). As previously mentioned, indoor snow can be very abrasive. I used a universal wax on my slalom skis while frequently attending Hemel, and my bases would dry out very quickly.

I've just spent 2 days @ Landgraaf, and with a few layers of indoor wax, my bases are still in excellent condition.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Holmenkol Red excellent at HH for braquage as it is a pivot exercise, with a rub of Back to Black occasionally
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone, probably a one off I don't live near to an indoor slope, but will pop into snow and rock see if they have any of the recomendations above. I like to keep my bases in good condition.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy