Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan Slalom Skis - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what people thought of Elan Slalom skis, I am looking at Elan SL WaveFlex Fusion, I'm not a serious racer, just looking for something fun for hard pack days.

Also what length would people recommend. I'm 6'4" and 89kgs, 165 cm @ R12.9 m or 170 cm @ 13.4 m I'm not planning to race so don't have to stick to the 165 limit, thinking 165cm could be fun.

just wondering really...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BenAS, Elan race skis are very well thought of and seem to be deservedly popular both with junior racers as well as adult recreational racers. The Fusion range is the recreational (non-race department, non-FIS) range. I've had both Fusion and World Cup (RD, FIS) Elan race skis and consider them to be excellent. Flex patttern is great, edge hold vice-like and build is bullet-proof. Depending on your level/experience, at your size, you should probably get the Fusion SLX or even the real McCoy RD WC SLX though. If you're set on the SL (eg 'cos of the sportpursuit offer wink ), I'd go for the 170cm.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Be a hero and get the SLX 155.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BenAS, I guess you've been on the sport pursuit website?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic, Laughing Laughing & GOOD HEALTH INSURANCE Laughing Laughing

165 are more fun and work, ELan make great kit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13, You can sell 155 to the plastic race rats when you are finshed with them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, I ski 155 on Plastic and am just shy of foot and 15 stone Twisted Evil Some call it cheating I call it initiative
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Cynic, I ski 155 on Plastic and am just shy of foot and 15 stone Some call it cheating I call it initiative

nah - it's cheating, especially at less than 12 inchs Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elan are fantastic skis.

They were quiet difficult to get hold of in this country.

The Sportpursuit deal is good, but do consider this site also.

http://www.elanskisales.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ring Keith on above number being the importer kean to talk to you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks everyone - yeah, looking at the sport pursuit deal - seems good.

I am a confident skier, happy on all terrain in all conditions, just really looking for something to have a bit fun with, I'm aslo assuming that these being non FIS/ Race they might be a little more forgiving?

I'm actually thinking of two pairs of the SL, one for me and one for the good lady wife, she's 5'8', so thinking a pair of 155cm for her and a pair of 165sm for me.

at £249 a pair, I'm assuming I won't find a better deal in the alps in Jan?

Also can anyone let me know the difference between the SL and SX fusion?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some Elan Skis can also be purchased from Skee-tex in Essex, who have always carried some of them. http://www.skee-tex.co.uk/brand/elan-12.aspx Funnily enough I own both those on that web-link yet purchased neither from skee-tex LOL
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BenAS, I think the SX was their skier cross or cheater GS ski, now defunct model
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cynic, Fattes13 is a plastic race rat !!!! and a lot less than 12 inches.

BenAS, Kooky on here has a pair and believe me that girl can ski - drop her a p.m. for a review. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Im 5 11 and 12 stone - looking at Elan SLX race fusion (sport pursuit have them down as SX) Going to ski a lot on the plastic but will want to take em on the snow cant make up mind between 152 or 160 length!!! But worried 152 maybe too short!
latest report
just realised that the SX is different to the SLX. anyone know if the SX is stiffer? any other differences?
snow report
Garethb, 160 deffo, I ski on plastic on both 155 and 165 lets just say being aggressive on 155s is "adventurous" to say the least and I have enjoyed a few "off piste excursions" at high speed.
ski holidays
Sorry to try and hijack the thread here, but this sportpursuit deal is mighty tempting, so was hoping for some feedback.
I was looking at the WaveFlex 78 Ti Green Fusion's. Essentially I'm just looking for a pretty good, generally on piste ski and I'm hoping that these fit the bill. But im stuck over which size to go for, I'm 6'5 weigh 80ish kgs and can cope with anything on piste comfortably, but haven't owned skis in yonks, but thought a wee pair here at this deal looked good as I'm. Gig to have the ability to get away more often over the winters now. So, I was thinking the 176s would be submit able, rather than the 182s. Any opinions on this?
Cheers for any help in advance
snow conditions
bdonkadonk, If it's any help I ski a pair of Elan Magfire 78 Ti's, which I get the impression are just the old version of those. I ski a set that are around 170 (actually size might be 168 - I don't have them here to check). I'm 5'9", but unfortunately weigh a tad more than you. I'm an intermediate skier and am using them on piste, but mine are supposed to go 80/20 on piste/off piste. I wouldn't want them to be any longer for me at the moment.
latest report
bdonkadonk, 182.

MTFU wink
latest report
Garethb, skier cross less stiff than slalom and bigger ski radius
latest report
Well I went for it - a pair of the SL in 170 ( cos 'm a tall fella) ... Now just got to wait for them to arrive, oh and for it to snow.
latest report
bdonkadonk, +1 for 182!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy