Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith at Castleford on Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing the Warren Smith one day course at Castleford this Thursday 27th. Wondering which skis to use? I have some K2 Crossfires and some Volkl Kendos. I have only had a couple of days on the Kendos and thought they were fantastic on medium and long radius turns but struggled on steep short radius turns, felt like I was getting on to the back of them, one of the reasons for doing the course.
Should I use the Crossfires which I am comfortable with or the Kendos to work on my faults. I did most of my skiing in the 90's and was an advanced skier but I think my technique is a bit old school and needs some tuning
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Either should be fine. Take whichever pair you're planning to ski on most next season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
take whatever your comfortable doing non stop braquage with! Wink

What time is the course on??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, I was going to say the same Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies.
The course is an all day course 10 - 4.
For non-stop braquage I think it will be the Crossfires Toofy Grin , they are probably more suited to an indoor slope anyway
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
braeworth, I did same last autumn at Chill Factore with WS's team, enjoyed it very much and it sorted some basic stuff I was doing wrong, usual pole plant/ body position, ankle flex, shared weight on skis stuff but it was really useful and my skiing was all the better for it last season. Good refresher and yes braquage is a big part of the day, I'd recommend the Crossfires, I did it on my Mantras, its all about tight linked turns so the shorter radius the better...........nothing like skiing on real snow IMO but good gym work is the way I looked at it. Have fun.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29, Thanks, the Crossfires will be easier on the legs for lots of slow short radius turns
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
braeworth, I think I'll be down there around late lunch time with my wife who is practicing for her BASI L1, if you see an old git with grey hair in a black Mountain Equipment softshell jacket with a BASI badge say hi Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I will do.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, nice to meet you on Thursday. Sorry I didn't have more time to chat.
The Warren Smith course was excellent, there were only two of us on the course and because of the bad weather the other guy couldn't get there until the afternoon, so one to one tuition for the first 3 hours. I was a little bit sceptical about how much you could learn indoors but learnt so much, my technique was old school, which I knew, too much up unweighting, worked on pressure steering and moving the pressure along the length of the ski plus lots of other stuff( only about 20 minutes on Braquage .) Very Happy . The instructor Andy was a great instructor and a really nice guy.
Would really recommend the course
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been considering one of these courses for a while. Never received any proper instruction and I think I've definitely paid the price for it.

Anyone going to any of the October dates?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy