Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daytrip to Paradiski/3V from Valmorel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. First time poster here.

Not too much information about Valmorel can be found around but maybe someone would be able to help me.
I will be spending 8 days in Valmorel in mid January. Since the resort is not that far from the local transport hub (Moutiers) I thought I could make 1 or 2 daytrips to nearby Paradiski or 3Vallees. Especially taking a regional train to Bourg St Maurice and a funi up to Les Arcs seems a feasible idea. Theoretically it should give a full day of skiing from early morning to late afternoon. Unfortunately I cannot find any timetables, etc. to prove that. Has anybody tried doing that?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads

For local buses the Altibus website http://www.altibus.com will have details of timetables etc. Getting from Moutiers to the 3V is very easy. Buses will be much more frequent on Saturdays I think as it's changeover day. It's only a few miles to Brides les Bains so a taxi and getting the gondola up from there would probably be feasible too.

For trains to Bourg look at http://www.raileurope.co.uk/ - it won't yet show you timetables for January as they're only available up to 3 months (and sometimes less than that) ahead, but you could probably get a good idea by looking at what trains there are in December. I don't think they change the timetables much from month to month. I think there are relatively few trains a day along that line. Rather than getting the train all the way to the far end of the Paradiski you might be better making a shorter journey by bus to Champagny (perhaps bus to Bozel, then taxi to Champagny, I'm not sure) or one of the lower-down La Plagne villages. It depends on the timetables really.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As kieranm, indicates there is a bus from Moutiers to Champagny, it takes 35 minutes and drops you off in the centre of Champagny,the final destination of the bus is Pralognan. You just walk the short distance from the bus stop to the lift which takes you up to the gondola, the lift pass office is directly across from the gondola entrance.

Look on www.altibus.com for timetables, not sure if next seasons are on there yet, last year they didn't appear until December .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. That is a useful tip. I haven't thought about Champagny but it might be the best way to access Paradiski. I guess now I'll have to wait a bit until new timetables get published.
Do people kill themselves over these buses or can I wait with buying tickets days before my travel?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wyspa, You don't usually have to buy tickets in advance, especially mid January when it should be pretty quiet.
There are more buses running at the weekend, especially Saturday so could be a good day for a trip out as the slopes are usually very quiet.

If you are going to Brides les Bains there are usually plenty of buses from Moutiers so a taxi shouldn't be necessary.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy