Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Little skiing vignettes. Add your own . . .

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So there we are: me, Matt, Colin and Brian, in the van, on our way around South Lake Tahoe resort. I can’t even be sure of which one now but I think it was Sierra.

The girls have gone shopping and the boys are on the loose. It’s one of those big American vans with two rows of seats and we're sprawled out, chewing the fat. Prodigy is blasting out of the stereo, we’re already in our gear, ready to get out and shred the mountain on impact . . . or at least belt round it to the best of our somewhat more modest if I’m honest abilities. The sun is out, we’ve all got our oakleys on and we are feeling so cool and hip. Man.

Finally the great moment arrives and we pull up in the car park, in between two other vans . . . with a bunch of guys getting out of each, listening to loud thumping music and all wearing identikit oakleys. And as we get out you can’t help but notice that there is a whole series of other vans and trucks, largely disgorging guys and guess what, almost to a man wearing identikit oakleys.

Took the edge of that aren't we cool and different feeling.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was skiing off piste in a blizzard with a bunch of friends in, I think, Val d'Isere, when I decided I just had to pee.
No problem - nobody would see me, so I just stopped and took off my gloves and holding the gloves, started to fumble with fastenings. I was bundled up in bulky layers of clothing, goggles etc. so I couldn't really see what I was doing but it didn't matter.
Finally extricated the appropriate dangly bit and peed. Great relief. Did myself up again.
Put on my gloves ... and found I'd peed in my glove.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GNAR was cool once now it is just lame
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fattes13 wrote:
GNAR was cool once now it is just lame

Boo!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me and then soon to be Mrs went skiing in Jan 1984 to Avoriaz, had very little money really so went self catering, as a treat we decided to go out for dinner.

The OH had been given by her granny a rather nice (well maybe) full length real mink coat Shocked so she decided to wear it out to dinner in the posh restaurant, as we approached the restaurant I saw another mink coat but only a half length one and to make things worse it was another redhead wearing it, I could not see who as they were just ahead of us.

So we went in just behind the other couple with me saying things to the OH like "look you look pretty cool, and yours is better than hers" as we waited for the couple in front, after all they were first, the waiter came over to them and helped her out of her "jacket" as she turned around to face us, she had a pretty nasty look on her face, she had understood what I was aying, then seeing my OH's coat she looked her up and down and the nasty look turned to one of indignation.

I thought well that's rude, the OH then turns round to me and says, you know who that is don't you, its only Jacqueline Bisset rolling eyes

We got the evil eye all night Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, I know I love the game but it is being when you see a load of city boys playing it while skiing really; really badly around a resort you know it has jumped the shark.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball, Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hard to beat scooting up the lift line on my board after an epic run. Waiting at the line while the chair in front loads. Stepping nonchalently on my stomp pad like a boss. Sliding inexorably off the line..hitting the deck before the chair clobbered me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, in a similar vein bending over to sit on the chair and bumping the stranger off one side with my pack. Lets just say he wasn't on that chair and hanging about at the top waiting for a mate to get sorted out was awkward. Blush
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nickski, ....a long day in the Trois Vallee - mogul bashing for hours, epic off piste, mad distance charging. A fantastic day. Five of us invincible and dripping with skiing talent. No falls, no mistakes, cool S's and figure 8's all over the hill. The sun is setting and we at last pull into Les Menuires. I stand snug in my huge skill bubble. And inexplicably, slowly and inexorably fall sideways and land in a heap of gear....in front of about a hundred people in the cafe. Message to self....remember not to be a total twit.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My brother in law looking like a responsible adult (!) being asked to chaperone ski school kids up chairlift. Being completely flattened by chair so he is laying under it sideways and liftie has to come and pull him out. Large group of 6 year olds wetting themselves with laughter....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Video'ing a friend of mine - skiing behind him. Friend is also doing a commentary. After a while he says "I am going really fast now". A second later a couple of 4-5 year olds go past him as if he is standing still. Priceless. Funnier every time you watch it!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not mine - and probably everyone has seen this brief clip but perhaps someone hasn't. I don't know why it is so funny but it is.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 19-09-12 13:25; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
valais2, similar. St. Anton, been pootling around on my pocket rockets wih ex-GF. You know the routine. Try to do this more, watch me etc. etc

Scoot down past the Crazy K etc. to that place at bottom that's a bit like a bowling green with snow on. Very hard compacted snow aka ice. And the ever so forgiving pocket rockets on that sort of surface . . . catch outside edge, make valiant attempt waving arms, legs and poles, to catch myself, which only draws more attention to my inevitable fall. A bit like falling from standing still. Cue barely stifled laughter from the watching masses. Attempted recovery not helped by by the manoc laughter of ex-GF.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy