Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I buy Fatblades?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if Fatblades are still available? I found videos from years ago and visited their website--seems to be inactive.

Thanks.
Suzi
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If anyone has some fatblades to sell, I would be interested.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as in these?
http://youtube.com/v/jyGQgZsIUFo

I would be worried personally that you would not get enough power transmission out of the snowboard bindings. maybe the reason why they went under...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we saw something similar at MK snowdome thread is here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=90329&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Suzi,

Rocker 2013 Soft Snowboard Boot Non-Release Skiboard Bindings. Have a look at skiboardsonline.com under the binding section, there is a video on the site that addresses the question of lateral stiffness. Don't seem to be a problem as you'll see.

I have a pair of the bindings on order, gonna use my soft snowboard boots and a pair of snowjam 90 skiboards. I'll be at Hemel Hempstead on 2nd on November doing some product testing. If your about you more than welcome to have a play.

Regards,

Mally
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blades are tragic.

Give it a miss.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Suzi,

In answer to you original question I spoke to the owner of Fat blades a few years ago, as I remember he was having production problems so I think he must have given up.

I'm a boarder and I'm giving the skiboards a try so I can ski with my four year old, (it'll be his first go)and not easy with me on a board.

Or maybe we should both just follow the helpful advice of whitegold and 'give it a miss' so we can avoid being tragic !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/s0PoeDTxBlw&feature=player_detailpage
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mally, in non-release bindings you are just asking to break a leg. I'd buy some cheapo ski boots and get something with a proper binding.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, I'd considered that but I'm really only going to be traveling at very slow speeds as I'll be with a 4 year old. There is a greater risk as I'll be using non-release bindings but the much shorter skis in turn apply much less torsional force and statistically research shows you are less prone to injury skiboarding than if riding a snowboard. I'm not being flippant and do appreciate your input but sliding down a mountain on short planks, long planks or a single plank carries an inherent danger anyway. That I believe is what makes it exciting!

That said you're more than welcome to remind me of my words should you se me in Les Arcs in January wearing a cast and carrying a brown envelope which reads 'X-ray, please do not bend'. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mally, I'm in the same position - out eldest will be learning to ski this season (before he learns the glory that is snowboarding) and as i've never skied before myself, was thinking blades so I could help him out (not teach him, his mums doing that). Don't think i'd risk it in my soft boots though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The main factor is that I can't have my lad safely tucked away in between my legs on a snowboard. I can with Skiboards. I have skied in the past, way back before I saw the light ! I don't want to go down the lines of skis and the pure evil that is ski boots!

Yes it's a risk, but a slight one, I'm more likely to suffer a B.R.I anyway (beer related injury). It's life......no one gets out alive anyway!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mally,

Whitegold is tragic - give him a miss instead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mally wrote:
have my lad safely tucked away in between my legs

That's not so safe!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
anarchicsaltire....... Yes, poor choice of words from me there! Tragic !

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I wouldn't bother with the soft rocker bindings. Only really any good for larger sized feet. Lots of slop in them from smaller boots. Try the spruce riser set up with release bindings or if you want non release go for bomber bindings. Skiboards.com or skiboardsonline.com are your best sites for purchasing
ski holidays
I've got size 11 feet so I should be ok. The idea is not to use ski boots.
snow conditions
suzi52, fatbaldies are all over the place
ski holidays
suzi52, and you don't usually have to buy them- though I'm open to any reasonable offer.
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
mally, in non-release bindings you are just asking to break a leg. I'd buy some cheapo ski boots and get something with a proper binding.

Actually that is not quite true. There is a relationship between the physical height of the skiboarder and the skiboard length when it comes to non-release bindings. Tall people has less of a risk with lower-limb injuries in certain kind kinds of falls. Pragmatically, it probably comes down to the fact that they can get a hand to the ground in time

The scary part is that the risk is actually amplified in skis (not skiboards) if a lower quality release binding is used which is only designed for lateral release.
snow report
ysb33r, last time I saw a blading injury it was femur as well as knee ligaments and broken ankle.
snow conditions
Lizzard, I am not denying that accidents occur, I actually know quite a number of people who got injuries whilst riding non-release. What I am saying is that you cannot take a binary approach to non-release bindings.

It is about managing the risk in an educated way.

P.S. Whatever I said applies only to adults. Don't ever put small kids on non-releasable bindings.
ski holidays
Am I at more risk with non-release bindings? Yes, probably.
Is the risk reduced as my skis are only 90cm long? Yes, probably.
Are any snow sports completely risk free? No.
Is sliding down a mountain on anything gonna be a risk? Yes.
Is skiing, boarding or skiboarding more dangerous than sitting in an arm chair watching Jeremy Kyle ? Maybe!

My mate was skiing but stationary waiting in a lift queue (with release bindings) when he was mown down by an out of control german 5 year old. My mate suffered a broken cheek bone and jaw. The kid was wearing a helmet and he wasn't.

This proves that 5 year old germans are dangerous. Would Pete have suffered an injury if he'd of been on skiboards with non-release bindings? I'm gonna say no because if he would have been using a different set up he may have taken a shorter or longer time to descend to the queue, this would have put him in a different place in the queue meaning the kid would have probably missed him.

My scientific formula means that in this example the non-release bindings were safer.
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
mally, If history tells us anything, it's that Germans wearing helmets should be treated with caution no matter what their age.
snow conditions
mally wrote:
This proves that...

mally wrote:
My scientific formula means that...

I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.

Please to be taking your insane troll logic elsewhere.
latest report
mally wrote:

This proves that 5 year old germans are dangerous.
Toofy Grin

What is wrong with this??

Little Germans grow up to be Big Germans

and we all know what happens next.
snow report
Please don't think I'm having a go at Germans or German children, I'm not. I'm not 100% sure the child was German. I used simple logic when assuming the child was German.

1. The child had a large, decorative moustache.
2. The child was carrying a large sausage of a German bratwurst style.
3. After the crash the child did not queue properly. It's odd now I think of it but the child's father seemed to be suggesting that it was in fact my mates fault somehow!

This thread is going off track.
ski holidays
mally, did he have a funny shaped helmet?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mally, did he ski off singing "Tomorrow belongs to me"?
latest report
Quote:

Little Germans grow up to be Big Germans

Not if they try to queue jump in front of me they don't.
snow conditions
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
mally,

Whitegold is tragic - give him a miss instead

Haha, love this.

On a serious note. Skiboards are for me the way forward. I agree that yes non-release bindings can cause injury but it can be lessened by the length of the boards. Please note i speak about this strictly for skiboards. I have had numerous injuries when using Salomons 'Snowblade's.

That said the biggest injury i have had was on a set of 171 liberty phil larose pro's with Salomon STH 12 bindings. This was a caught edge that ended with a torn ACL, fractured tibia and kneecap, fractured nose and a sore jaw. on skiboards even if you do catch an edge it is easier to recover from.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy