Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wildsnow.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ex-bbc.

Most of the 14 major mountains, including Everest (Davo Karnicar) in 2000, have been completed, extreme skiing site wildsnow.com suggests. But K2, Makalu and Kangchenjunga, in the Himalayas, remain un-skied or un-skiable from the summit.

I'd never heard of it. Site seems slow.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wild Snow is run by Lou Dawson who was the first person to ski all 54(or is it 7?) peaks in Colorado over 14000ft. A bit of a ski-mountaineering legend. This is probably the article the journo used:
http://www.wildsnow.com/2108/ski-8000-meter/

This is the article Nickski is cryptically talking about for anyone else who was initially very confused:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19621341

I read Wild Snow pretty much weekly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wild Snow is an excellent resource particularly for off-piste stuff but it does on-piste too.

Can tend towards gear freakery but always seems to have the latest developments in rapidly changing areas like avvy backpacks and the merging of downhill and touring boot technology with good understandable and helpful reviews. Well written. And the owner/editor/legend Lou cheerfully acknowledges that people actually ski outside the US and some of them are pretty good at it too. He even regularly visits Yuurp on gear fact finding missions.

In contrast to the testosterone-fizzing, superhuman and exclusive gnarly world of TGR where everyone hucks 50 foot cliffs in their Stars n Stripes Y-fronts before breakfast while changing binding positions with their teeth in mid-air ...or so they say...Dude...incomprehensible at times

Luckily we have the warm, fuzzy, all-encompassing world of snowHeads which gives you all of the above plus, in its proper common sense British way, the best spag bol recipe to feed a chalet of 20, how to make a decent cup of tea and endless helmet threads. And bashes, don't forget the bashes!

Anybody recommend any other handy snowsliding sites?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Luckily we have the warm, fuzzy, all-encompassing world of snowHeads which gives you all of the above plus, in its proper common sense British way, the best spag bol recipe to feed a chalet of 20, how to make a decent cup of tea and endless helmet threads. And bashes, don't forget the bashes!

Don't forget the ever important season weather thread, the endless Winter tyre threads and the reason I found snowheads...... The how to boil an egg in the mountains thread....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wildsnow pops up quite often in search results if you're hunting for information on AT gear, but I guess there's not much reason to have heard of them if that's not your cup of tea.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wildsnow should be in your favourites bar if you are into touring/backcountry... lots of good info comes up there. As for site speed it loads way faster than snowheads for me!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
offpisteskiing, Don't need it in my favourites bar - it comes up as I start typing "wil..." wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stumbled across wildsnow and it was extremely useful for touring gear which can be a real minefield for newbies like me..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy