Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New year skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, im a 19 year old young man and im looking for advice on where to go skiing for new year. Ive only been skiing 1 time before to flaine and i would say i was comfortable on all blue runs and most reds, (i did one black) not sure how flaine compares to other resorts. Also im going away for new year... So im gonna want to party... Hard. Ill be going solo so any advice would be great, thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val d'isere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val D'isere was what i was thinking but some people have mentioned Les Arcs or Chamonix, just wanted to hear what you guys and girls thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les arc's is a bit like any other ski resort over new year, we went about 3 seasons ago and it wasn't that busy.

Chamonix will be full of "serious" skiers who will bore you to death with tales of their gnarley descent.

Val D will be full of party people who want to get laid.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

So im gonna want to party... Hard.

Have you looked at Austria? Places like Solden, Ischgl or Mayrhofen have a reputation for partying and should have good snow at NY. St Anton is good for the aprés too, but the skiing in the other areas might be more suited to a second week on skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BigMacB93, Nearest McDonalds is in Bourg St Maurice > Les Arcs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
homers double wrote:

^very useful^ information:-)

but on a more serious note, the snow is generally good that time of year right? And i would'nt be too out of my depth in terms of ability?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tignes (on the same pass) has a glacier so you'll be fine.

Val D'isere was Mrs.D's first ever skiing holiday and she loved it there, as with any area there are nice slopes and steep slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BigMacB93 wrote:
homers double wrote:

^very useful^ information:-)

but on a more serious note, the snow is generally good that time of year right?

And i would'nt be too out of my depth in terms of ability?

Does this apply to the "Laying" or the "Skiing"?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
blahblahblah wrote:

Does this apply to the "Laying" or the "Skiing"?
Both... Possibly, depends how drunk i get:-P
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boredsurfing wrote:
BigMacB93, Nearest McDonalds is in Bourg St Maurice > Les Arcs Toofy Grin

my name is not relevant to my affiliation with bigmac's, rather my scottish heritage... MacDonald
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpe d'Huez also has a bit of a party rep.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy