Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Outdoor Traders, Solutions 4 feet and Daleboot.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just wanted to publically share my thanks to James at Outdoor Traders and Solution 4 feet.

After a long and sad story of not being able to find ski boots that didn't reduce my wife to tears in minuites I think we have solved the problem.

Basically we've tried most brands/models but no luck, I had hopes pinned on Surefoot but no good.

Finally we went to Solutions 4 feet..............wife took her socks off, sat down. Colin said.................WOW! "well we've got nothing to fit you and you won't find anything off the shelf anywhere else either". "Daleboots are your best bet".

Our appointment was in the morning, Colin said he'd give James a call at Outdoor Traders in Abingdon and see if we could get an appintment in the afternoon.

Basically my wife has just about everything you could have wrong with her feet.......................wrong. Very high arch, very high instep and almost no ankle flexation. Her arch was described by Colin to James on the phone as " I've got a lady here, talk about high arch, you could drive a bus under her feet!".

Skip forward 2 hours......my wife is standing in front of James who has drawn all over her feet and ankle with permanent marker pen. Took a few days to come off by the way.

The analysis by James confirmed all the problems she has and he gave us his opinion of the the solution needed. Daleboots.
Now James is from the USA or Canada, I can't tell which and didn't want to ask. Saying that he does have a weird english twang that creeps in but, and it's not a dig but he's blunt. He said "look, you're never gonna be going down double blacks but I think I can put you in boots that don't hurt". The lack of flexation means her boots need to be very upright.

The measurements were taken, lots of them, and I mean lots. Forms were completed and sent to the factory in Austria. Two weeks later the boots were made and in the UK.

On Friday (last) we went back for the fitting. Saw James. Shells checked, feet/ankles were padded on various places including toe cups. Liners heated and 10 mins to mould to feet. Feet out, pads/toe cups off. Back in.......result......."Sarah!, Sarah!...well?
"They, they don't hurt, they fit"....perplexed look on her face......"In fact, the're comfy, oh my God". " I want to book a holiday now!".

My post is longer than I intended but I just wanted to publically thank James at Outdoor Traders and Solutions 4 feet.

If your having problems with boots please, please, please try James at Outdoor Traders in Abingdon. He knows his stuff and is passionate about ski boot fitting. Thanks James.

Mally and Sarah
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mally, Great post!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One has to be very genuine to turn work away to a competitor. Well done all.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mally, what a great story. Hope the holiday is a success. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a similar experience of pain in many different ski boots including a very expensive Surefoot experience that was completely unsuccessful, despite numerous return visits. After an agonising new year holiday I had pretty much decided to pack it all in but after an internet search I went to see Colin at Solutions 4 Feet. He instantly diagnosed severe lack of ankle flexation as the problem, honestly told me me he didnt want to be the latest guy to sell me boots that wouldn't work and referred me to James at Outdoor Traders - Dale Boots, with their custom shells, being the only apparent solution. Went through the same process as Mally's wife with James and took the new boots to Lech in March: the result was transformational, fantastic comfort. Would thouroughly recommend Colin from Solution 4 Feet, Outdoor Traders, Dale Boots and James for skiers with problems. Between them they solved mine and I'm incredibly appreciative.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone and thanks BJP, lots of similarities with your story. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i probably refer around 30 people a season for the dale boot, it i not the right boot for everyone, but for people with a certain set of issues it is about the only thing out there that is as close to guaranteed to work as can be.

yes it could be considered giving away customers, but the aim of the game is happy people skiing, i only wish certain other places would do the same...... we had a client last christmas who had bought 3 pairs of boots in 2 seasons all from people who told him that these boots (the latest pair he was buying) were the solution to all his problems....none of them were!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy