Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Special Olympics World Winter Games - inspiring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The GB Special Olympics Winter Games squad is chosen and it's inspiring stuff http://t.co/qyTsvw5e
Over 100 nations will participate in the event in South Korea, with 2,800 athletes with intellectual disabilities taking part.
Well done to all our coaches and athletes and some very proud parents.
Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally i always find the use of the word 'special' when describing the mentally handicapped somewhat inappropriate. Lets be honest, there is nothing 'special' about them and it really makes me cringe when i hear it.
If i had a child in that position and some described them as a 'special boy' i would likely punch them.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 15-09-12 21:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Corduroy, yes i know but it is the official title used see http://www.specialolympicsgb.org.uk/ having said that 'mental handicapped' is not really used now, some still use learning disability or difficulty but it is moving to 'intellectual difficulty'
At our slope we have quite a big club for those with an intellectual learning difficulty. Guess what? the parents and kids chose the title 'Rossendale Special Ski Club' ! and none of them punched each other Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy