Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Real men wear pink - 2012.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
....follow up from last year's post.

I've had enough.

Yes, I bought a flouro pink POC Bug helmet so (1) my kids could see me in the queue and on the slope in zero viz; (2) so that off piste in deep and steep I could be seen (and my lifeless corpse dug out) - ref pink helmet on chad sayers in Arcteryx' La Grave vid.

But I've had enough funny looks. People (male and female) who think I am a woman from the back and then jump when they see my goatee beard; fed up with my son saying 'get rid of that pink helmet'; fed up with instructor friends saying 'you just can't wear that colour'; and so on and so on.

So I've ordered an orange POC and that's the end of it.

Pink helmet will come back to the UK and be brought out for occasional snowdome use....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A real man wouldn't care what others said wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wanted to buy the same pink POC last year for the same reasons but the missus woundn't let me. She said I didn't need an actual pink helmet to look like a knob head rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, Laughing

BTW my OH had a great afternoon yesterday thanks. Lots of hints directed at me re waxing iron etc Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 15-09-12 18:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking for some pinks goretex shell kecks now instead if anyone knows of any in a fat bloke size?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, ....Hi Jon - yep, Peak Performance do the Heli Pant Male in flouro pink - degree 47 had them on sale I believe....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marmotte16, ...that's the view I set out with, but having twenty comments a day kind of wore my patience down...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At least it was not a hunting Post.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
valais2 wrote:
spyderjon, ....Hi Jon - yep, Peak Performance do the Heli Pant Male in flouro pink - degree 47 had them on sale I believe....

Cool, I'm on it!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a knackered old pink Oakley peaked cap which tends to make an appearance on beach holidays, all my friends hate it. But I think it has character Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, Wish there was a like button. Lol Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I must admit I did worry about the visibility angle and the kids spotting me when I switched from a red to a dark grey jacket last year. Esp. when I came down that ruddy slope in VT on our last day in less than zero vis. I thought that if I fell no-one would stand a chance of seeing me and I'd cause a mass pile up!! Mind you maybe I should've dug out the Hi-vis jackets from the car and worn those, we wear such things whilst horse riding.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At least it wasn't your purple helmet you had to loose...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jonm, Knackered Old pink peaked cap doesn't sound appealing! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, ....OK - excellent flouro orange adjustable POC bug arrived today from cyclestore - 50% discount see

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=53129&categoryID=8306

I must say that the 2012 adjustable model is really excellent and the flouro orange as good for viz as the flouro pink - but without the backchat.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy