Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

InsureAndGo Annual Travel Insurance Incl Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads
Does anyone have any experience of InsureandGo? Annual policies seem reasonably price and they cover on and off piste skiing (not that we need off piste cover). You can also pay a bit extra to waive excesses. Too good to be true perhaps?

Thanks
Jo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo66, OK if you don't need more than 24 days cover for skiing during the year. The wording on off-piste says "Whilst taking part in off-piste skiing and snowboarding, you must make sure that the areas in which you ski or snowboard are considered to be safe by the resort management". In Europe it's never too clear what that means. If there's an avalanche warning above X?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks pam w. Only likely to ski for 2 week max so the no. of days covered is fine (17 with Silver and 24 with Gold) Plus the only off piste I've ever done was a little bit with an instructor during a private lesson, which I hated so not likely to repeat this season at least. Also occasionally venture off the edge of a piste usually in error then get straight back on. So sounds like it should be OK for me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It certainly had a good reputation a few years ago, there were a few skiers I knew who insured with them. They were good at add on cover for race training - but I didn't hear anyone making a claim.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used them but never had to cliam
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've used them regularly and twice had to claim for medical treatment to broken limbs, although neither accident was due to skiing. No problems at all, and the winter sports policy covers far more summer sports than most other insurers. Surprisingly few travel insurance policies cover hill walking or mountain biking above 2000m, and both activities are fundamental to my enjoyment of a summer holiday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a small claim with InsureAndGo (single day delay on return leg from Canada due to a fault on the plane) and the claim sailed through, only about £50-£60 that I was eligible for, but no questions asked beyond standard claim. Not with them now as prices went up alot once the kids got added into policy, but no complaints about their service.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
The wording on off-piste says "Whilst taking part in off-piste skiing and snowboarding, you must make sure that the areas in which you ski or snowboard are considered to be safe by the resort management".

Obviously they don't employ people who know about off piste skiing in Europe. The words either exclude off piste or are meaningless.
By the way, I looked on their website but cannot find where they say this - how do I find it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowball, it's in the FAQs under "winter sports".
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
have used them in the past with a child with a declared medical history without issue and also i think if memory serves were who we were with when we decided to leave our passport behind in the supermarket in Sallanches never to be seen again. Liased with the UK authorities in Lyon and safe passage home. Claiming was fine too to replace said passports.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Ive used Insureandgo regularly over the last few years and would highly recommend them. Once had to make a ski claim, very efficient and no problems at all. Have made non-ski claims with them too, and always get prompt service. Regarding the 'off piste' bit, I have always been with an instructor or guide, or just dabbling in edge of piste stuff, which they told me would be covered. Not sure about the finer details if you are a regular off pister, avalanche risk levels, etc? They are good at including medical history for no or little extra costs.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good policies, value for money, cover previous conditions, my cover includes OP and various snow activities up to extra quotes for ice climbing and race competition, but includes dog sledding.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone - this has saved my bacon....Last years insurance nearly doubled so I rang Insure & go and helped thro everything and now all covered for 1 year for less than half of what I was quoted and what seems to be more reasonable conditions.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worst insurer in the market. Don't be fooled by cheap prices. They are cheap because when it comes to paying out, they don't. Direct Travel ins is miles better, made 2 claims over the last 5 years and this year my renewal went down. They include off piste too.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jo66, Also look at Go Travel, I have used them for the past 6 years and claimed once without any problems.
ski holidays
Gainz wrote:
Worst insurer in the market. Don't be fooled by cheap prices. They are cheap because when it comes to paying out, they don't. Direct Travel ins is miles better, made 2 claims over the last 5 years and this year my renewal went down. They include off piste too.

No trouble with I&G paying when I've twice needed to make a claim.
ski holidays
I phoned InsureandGo earlier this week to clarify their off piste cover. The FAQ says as above, the policy wording is different but still ambiguous, when speaking to the claims department, they said you are covered for off piste skiing when the avalanche risk is 3 or less, but NOT when it is 4 or more.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy