Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

High Altitude Skiing Near Turin for NY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Flights are booked YAY!!! This will be my first time skiing over New Year so i am really looking forward to it.

Can anyone recommend a good snow sure resort within a few hours of Turin?

I would like (but I know I cant have everything)
Great secenic skiing (intermediate)
Fun Apres ski
Pretty Village with something to do for our non skiier

We are 5 friends in our early 30's

Thanks all....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sunnek, Cervinia, high, snow sure, great intermediate skiing, some ok apres (but limited).
La Thuile/Courmayeur with good snow conditions I'd say better bet is Courmayeur, despite the dodgy cable cars up to the skiing, stay in Dolonne or Entreves to bet better value hotels.
Bonus of flying into Turin is that the car hire is so much less than Austria/Germany/Swiss.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sunnek, might be worth looking at Serre Chevalier.

Quote:

No question, SC is stunning with an awful lot of intermediate skiing to be had (and beginner and gnarly)

Quote:
Fun Apres ski

Not necessarily mutually exclusive. SC comprises 4 main towns - Briancon (highest town in Europe), Chantemerle, Villeneuve, Monetier.

Briancon probably offers the non-skier more - the old fortified town is pretty, there are more shops/restaurants etc. Monetier would probably be the next choice with Chantemerle arguably the prettier of the towns (especially the old part). Again, Briancon is probably the livelier for evening entertainment, there are one or two "clubs" in the area.

SC is well linked by the free bus service in the valley (free with ski pass that is). All the towns are well linked for skiing to/from.

So, "High Altitude"....well, it is more likely that the very high altitude resorts will offer much less for your non-skier. SC ranges from 1200 - 1600 (Briancon being the lowest and Monetier the highest). Not terribly high at resort level, though at that time of the season I would be surprised (with all usual caveats), if there wasn't reasonable coverage top to bottom. They have excellent artificial snow-making coverage in case things get of to a slow start.

You don't mention how you'd be travelling beyond Turin? If driving, SC is doable in about 2 hours - I managed it on my own in 1 hr 40 once, though that was pre speed cameras Laughing

Feel free to ask if there are any more questions - plenty of enthusiastic SC skiers here snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sunnek, most of Turin skis in 2Alpes over New Year. Which is a reason to go somewhere else, obviously.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cervinia
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sunnek wrote:
Hi All,

Flights are booked YAY!!! This will be my first time skiing over New Year so i am really looking forward to it.

Can anyone recommend a good snow sure resort within a few hours of Turin?

I would like (but I know I cant have everything)
Fun Apres ski

We are 5 friends in our early 30's

Thanks all....

Val d'Isere, France.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montgenevre for the skiing but doesn't have much night life.

Courmayeur for nightlife but doesn't have the altitude.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sunnek, Why not have a look at the Milky Way resorts in Italy - Sauze D'Oulx, Sestriere, Claviere and maybe Montgenevre in France. Easy enough for a day trip to Serre Chevalier.
Sauze has good nightlife, we went there years ago for New Year and it was pretty lively.
The infrastructure was upgraded for the Turin Winter Olympics in 2006 so the lift sytem should be good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Serre Chevalier with day trip(s) a few minutes by bus to Montgevre (part of the Milky way ski area) just up the road from Briancon fortified Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage Site) - (with new town below).
Or vice versa.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cervinia.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy