Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do the French stay in France during half term??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to book a holiday from 23/2/13 to 2/3/13. I believe this is the French half term. I'm tempted to go back to cervinia, but worried that it's too close to France and might inherit some annoying kids and crowds?? Are the French generally quite happy to stay at home, or will they cross the border themselves to find a quiet piste?? My other option is saalbach, which is probably far enough away to be quite quiet that week. Anybody got any experiences to share??

Thanks

Neil.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mckeann, Saalbach will be fine as it is not a German, Dutch Swedish, Danish or Austrian holiday week. The French do tend to stay in France, but I have to say I'm seeing more and more French registered cars over our way, both in summer and winter! In Austria there is little chance of them over-running the place though wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mckeann, French half term holidays run from the second week in Feb to the second week in March. You need to know which region is on holiday that week, and whether it's one next door to your chosen destination.

On the other hand, my recent search for French ski insurance for a trip to Canada would suggest that the French don't ski outside Europe at all, and rarely venture beyond their own borders. Understandably, when they have loads of skiing on the doorstep without having to bother with foreign languages, funny food or extra paperwork. We don't see many Austrians over here either.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, completely off topic.. but I love your blog!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heard my son's GF once commented "Fxxk off" when others were suggesting the French to have ago at other Alpine resorts. She was the opinion it was the French who invented the skiing resorts and have the biggest in the world. It was like don't tell Daddy how to suck egg.

Personally I rarely run into French skiers outside France. One can notice the origin of a families with kids in any Alpine resort.

Cervinia is in Aosta Valley pretty far away from the French. Never notice children or the crowd there myself but I am sure they exist in the learner areas. It is a skiing paradise straddling both Italy and Switzerland. Premium league resort no matter what standard you use to measure it. Saalbach is good too but may be one league lower.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Cervinia is in Aosta Valley

Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do the French stay in France during half term??

Yes, yes, and yes again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1890, thank you. I apologise for recent lack of postng activity, though I might have something to say about incontinent rottweilers quite soon - watch this space.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Cervinia is in Aosta Valley

Puzzled

http://www.aosta-valley.co.uk/Places
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy