Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving from Vienna Airport to Altenmarkt Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

I am wondering whether anyone has driven from vienna int airport to altenmarkt during winter time.

How was the overall experience?

Was the autobahn and the roads leading to the village accessible at all times or does part of it close when there is snow coming in?

If the plan goes ahead I am looking to drive during night time. Would you recommend such a thing or is it better to have a nights sleep in Vienna and head to the village during day time?

Thanks for any responses!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Austrian highways are quite ok during winter. They are far far from perfectly maintained, but normally there's not much of problems getting through, even though you can normally forget about driving 150km/h Wink Of course that means for times when it's snowing. If it's not snowing, then of course there's no problems.
Altenmarkt is just some 3 or 4km of the A10 highway (Villach-Salzburg), and most of village is on flat, so even if there's end of the world, you will still have no problems getting there Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hiliwuid, welcome to Snowheads!

I live in Radstadt (next village to Altenmarkt with an adjoining mountain!)

The journey takes about 4 hours.
I would recommend using the A1 to Salzburg and then the A10 down to Altenmarkt.
the alternative route is the A4 ~9I think) and then using a rather main 'A' road - through the Enns valley.. This will be slow though in the winter (even at night) and is never cleared from snow as efficiently as the Autobahn.

Happy holidays!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hope its not late to answer but there is this company that offers transfer directly from Airport to any destination for 1,2€ per km.

Company is called Vienna Airport Cab.You can find all info at this address

http://www.vienna-airport-cab.at/index.php/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
€380 one way transfer OUCH!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah but for 3 persons so when you split the bill its 127€ or you can order Van for 7 persons.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still "a bit" expensive Wink For 380eur you get car rented for quite some time... And it's also for 4 or 5 people for sure Wink So personally, I wouldn't bother checking your web. Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ah... primoz, I was letting it die gracefully and now you go and add that!
€550 for a Renault traffic for 7 days....
€760 for a 7 seat transfer....

As they say over the pond.. you do the math...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy