Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kids lessons chatel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone got any experience of kids lessons in chatel outside of the school hols. The ESF chatel website seams to be saying that before feb half term lessons are only in the super chatel area but after that they start at pre la joux. The problem is our 9 year old will be doing gold level as he passed bronze last year and we are concerned that the super chatel area is simply not large enough to keep him interested or motivated for a week. woudl welcome any experience anyone has on this, i know the ski area well having been over there from morzine a few times but only ever done it on adult only hols so not really had any exposure to lessons. thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
backhojo, sorry a bit late finding this. OK not out of school holidays but experience of kids lessons in Chatel. A few things to consider, the Super Chatel area for a kid in lessons will be fine as in lessons generally and at that level in particular they will be focussing on drills and practising gates as IIRC the end of week test for gold involves a timed course. So they don't need a big area to ski. So if you want him to continue with the ESF then I wouldn't worry about that.

If you want him to ski from Pre La Joux more than you want him to ski with ESF then I can highly recommend BASS school there for their kids groups. The way they teach is different to ESF, they are all native english speakers and the groups were small. The ESI school also ski from Pre La Joux and have a lot of native english speaking instructors too and I would have happily used them if there hadn't been an appropriate BASS group for my son. The only thing to check with BASS outside school holidays is that they will have a group running at the level your son is at.

Hope this helps a bit Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please don't use BASS either. They cancel days at very short notice - whilst having pre-booked lessons and they make changes to class composition every day - yes every day.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
camoa1, cancellation is not nice! Sometimes if there are not enough people for a group lesson, the lesson providers reserve the right to give a smaller number of "private" lessons. I am used to changes in class composition. Virtually every time I have skied in group lessons the composition of the class has changed from day to day. Doesn't bother me unless the newbies are numpties.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobby wrote:
camoa1, cancellation is not nice!

... but spamming every thread you can find referring to BASS with the same non-specific moan is lame Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy