Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to ski 8/9th December Any ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas for early season skiing ?????
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bostin1978, http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/tignes-chalet-hotel-les-melezes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes seems to get early snow, and if not, the glacier is there. I've seen early season deals for that week some years. Often hotels use that week for training staff, so you might get a cheap week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that everyone'll point you in the direction of the high (glacier) resorts. Tignes, L2A in France. L2A opens 1 December. Tignes open now until May?. Solden (don't know when opens, but world cup there in mid October), Hintertux (opens mid Oct) in Austria. Zermatt in Switzerland (seems to be open all year). Lots of other places, no doubt.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Val Thorens has great skiing early season and lively nightlife.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bostin1978, Question: any ideas skiing 8/9th dec? Answer....yep....somewhere with snow.

Not being facetious. I personally tend to wait before booking at that time of year since there can be places with some (often unexpected) and some without. My worst decision was early booking to save some money and then went to L2A early in Dec. All the runs to the town were grass. There was one decent run open, and they couldn't open the glacier because of high wind. It was sh*&. And it rained.

Zermatt and Saas Fee tend to have something open whatever the weather and seasonal snowfall, although Zermatt is expensive. There are plenty of small family guesthouses in Saastal - ie right through the valley, and if you have a hire car you can ski at Saas Fee, Saas Grund, or drive to Tasch and then train to Zermatt. Don't rule out places such as Andermatt. Personally, if you want to book now I would do a fly drive to a place where you can hit a number of places depending on snow fall. If you base yourself in Bourg St Maurice you can go to Tignes, Les Arcs or La Rosiere depending on snowfall; you could stay in Grimentz and hit Zinal, St Luc, Nendaz or Crans Montana.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dobby, Hintertux has not closed all year! And it is due to have another liberal dollop of snowfall from Wednesday onwards Toofy Grin I'm skiing there again at the weekend I hope wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1. Tignes;
2. Val Thorens;
3. Zermatt.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
1. Obertauern
2. Ischgl
3. Serfaus
4. Obergurgl

All normally open by then, either natural snow or excellent snowmaking. Andy Murray's fault that I'm up now typing this at stupid o'clock!! rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Aosta Valley in Italy has a good early season snow record with some very good resorts to choose from. Cervinia is probably the safest as there is the glacier. That said, in 25 years of going to either Courmayeur, Pila or La Thuile in the first week of December, there is only one occasion in that time where lack of snow has been a problem and that was last year.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bostin1978, What level of skiing are you at and is the nightlife just as important ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ischgl
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, Certainly covers the nightlife aspect from what I hear !.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good call on Ischgl we skied last year at the end of April was great snow. Have gone for Val d'isere for 9th december, taking a chance I know but great deal woth VIp chalets. If no snow then it a week of beer and films...... Thanks for all the info Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Val D'Isere.... try YSEski (http://www.yseski.co.uk/home/prices.php).

They do early season discounts where you need to get a flight out for connection with their transfer from GVA (they provide the flight back on their charter) and they do lift passes for the Espace Killy for €130 so it works out cheap. I did it one year and it was ace, very empty and loads of snow.
snow conditions
USA? We had a good week in Mammoth the first week in December a good few years back. Ditto Winter Park. Much of Colorado is scheduled to be open but wait for the snow and last minute deals.
ski holidays
I'm may be mistaken but that's the launch weekend of the Apres Ski 2013 album in the Mooserwirt in St Anton.....no brainer that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy