Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Creche / Child Care

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody booked in resort childcare not provided by the travel company, we need to book a skiing trip and want to drive down and not be tied to dates they say.. so was looking to book seperate has anybody done this if so which resort and who with many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.jackfrosts.net - not used them so no view. Have used a local ESF ski-creche for 3+ ("Rabbit Club") in the GM - it was fine. I think a lot of ESF offer this type of skier creche service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used the ESF creche in the Les Eucharts area of La Rosiere a few years ago when our youngest was 3. It was in a newish well equipped building and the staff were kind. I'd also recommend the Cimes Blanches apartments (a few minutes walk from the creche and at the bottom of the piste). We booked our apartment through Ski Collection and booked the ESF creche directly.

Friends of ours used the new ESF creche in Montgenevre this year for their 1 year old and were happy with it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of resorts have private nannies that come to the house or host a creche - I worked last season and Morzine and Les Gets and there are a number of companies that offer the same thing there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here's just one example of a childcare operation http://www.snowangelnannies.co.uk/. I know of private nannies/creche in the 3Vs plus private nannies in Val d' Isere. Depends if you are looking for native English speaking nannies or creches? Might be a bit harder to find native nannies/childcare outside of France though. Kinderhotels might be an option for Austria?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

we need to book a skiing trip and want to drive down and not be tied to dates they say..

leaving aside the child-care aspect, be aware that it can be difficult in some places, and at some times, to book accommodation, whether hotel or self-catering, for periods other than the standard Sat/Sat (or occasionally Sun/Sun) periods. That's specially true in France, I suspect.

Quote:

Might be a bit harder to find native nannies/childcare outside of France though

plenty of French natives in France. wink Difficult to find British native nannies outside a handful of the big resorts, though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Would highly recommend using http://deborahporter.co.uk/ she is mature experienced and great with kids of all ages. Based in Morzine/Les Gets.

Andy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take Granny with you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les Oursins in Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier on 2 occasions in consecutive years. it was 9 years ago though, but as of 2 years back, the creche was still there. We had to coax my daughter out every bloody day with all manner of bribes Laughing We booked on a day-to-day basis depending on our plans, sometimes for a "full" day, often for half.

Several abiding memories - 1) seeing my 3 year old on the travelator in the enclosed garden area having her first ski "lesson" with an ESF instructor and 2) we managed to leave behind my daughter's sunnies the first year - on going back to SC the following year, the lady that ran the place, recognising my daughter, disappeared into her office, returning with the lost sunglasses Cool

English was spoken, a bit. Most of the children were French and didn't speak any English - didn't seem to bother anyone, least of all my daughter.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We (and friends) have used the garderie in Samoens a number of times. They are very flexible and prices are very reasonable. They don't(didn't) speak much English but that wasn't a problem.

http://www.garderielesloupiots.com/en.html

We've also used the nursery in Baqueira in the spanish Pyranees which was an experience for all concerned! (It was over Xmas/New Year so rather busy with Spanish mamas.)

http://www.visitvaldaran.com/en/que-hacer/nieve/itemlist/category/124-guarderias-infantiles
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bostin1978, great creche in Monetier-les-Bains, Serre Chevalier, and I think Snow Angel nannies are working from there this winter too. PM me for any help. I can sort flexible arrival accommodation too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we used ESF in montgenevre and can recommend them - we used their lessons and there "snow club" which is slopeside and very good. language barrier no problem. kids dont care, staff spoke a bit of english, we speak some very basic french and we all got by and the kids had a great time !

family friendly ski in la tania do the complete package and offer a nanny service which is excellent
had a private nanny in serre chevalier last year who was excellent - cant remember her details as booked via tour op (referred really as a private nanny known to them) but can find out as have her personal email address.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anderoo, just checked with daughter and we think it was Deborah that her friends used for their small child a couple of years ago at our chalet - all very impressed with her.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy