Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Transfer wrong info - a heads up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've noticed that Eurostar's website still reckons that it takes 1.5 - 2 hours to travel from Bourg St Maurice station to Tignes resort.

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/destinations/direct_services/ski_train/ski_train_timetables.jsp

This could only really be true if you were on horseback - it actually takes around 40 minutes.

The transfer info for Val d'Isere is also wrong.

They must be putting loads of people off with that wrong info, what a shame. If any Snowheads want to contact Eurostar about this too, the contact page is:

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/customer_care/email_us.jsp rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It does say "*These times are estimates and may vary depending on traffic and weather conditions." and that they are by coach. Since it says transfer time I assume that it is the time to transfer from the train to the resort and includes: un packing from the train, all the waiting time at BsM station for the coach, timetabled deaprtures atc. as well as the 40 minute drive time. I think it is fair to say that the train arrives at 06:30 then as a guess you will be in Tignes by 08:00 to 08:30. It does mention that the timetables will be available in the autumn and that other transfer oprtions are available.

My one experience of arriving by train at BsM and transfering to Tignes was that it actually took longer than this. The taxi that was to pick us up was delayed by an accident on the road.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You are right, it does say "by coach", but the Tignes estimate is totally inconsistent with other resorts:

Courchevel Moûtiers 60 minutes
Val Thorens Moûtiers 1hr 15 minutes
Les Ménuires Moûtiers 50 minutes
Valmorel Moûtiers 45 minutes
Tignes Bourg-St-Maurice 1hr 30 minutes - 2hrs

It is the inconsistency that is misleading for skiers trying to assess which resort to go to by train.

And they could put the quicker taxi times in too - lots of people share a cab.

I've done these transfers lots of times with no delays, but agree it is worth factoring time in case of delays/accidents. You always have a bit to eat near the stations while waiting (Zazoom bar at Bourg does good pizzas)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you take the overnight eurostar it gets in at approx 6.40am. Pre book your bus to Val or Tignes. The Tignes one leaves at about 7.10am and is in Tignes Le Lac around 8am; If you are in Tignes Les Brev you have to specify this as it will only stop there if pre-booked. You can pre-book the return or book in resort 48 hours before you leave. Last one leaves about 7pm and the train leaves about 10pm to return to UK so a bit of a wait - advice on pizza good - not expensive
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Daniel Snowcarbon, don't you mean Bazoom?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

You are right, it does say "by coach", but the Tignes estimate is totally inconsistent with other resorts:

Yes, an estimate of 60 minutes for Les Arcs is very long compared to that given to Tignes, but I suspect it is all down to waiting times and last year's bus timetables.
Anyone knowledgeable enougth to be booking the direct train from London to the Tarrentaise will have a good idea of what they are doing and if they want to use the taxi or indeed the funicular they will know exactly how long it takes. Somehow the fact that a transfer to Tignes takes 15 minutes longer than it does to Val Thorens will be the last thing on my mind (I suspect it usually does as well, never mind the extra 30 minutes on the train).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy