Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Exclusive Legend Eden 2010

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.skibartlett.com/dynastar-ski-exclusive-legend-eden-2010-no-binding-was-459-17420-p.asp
Looks like a bargain to me. Somebody please tell me why this isn't a good idea!
The 2013 version's graphics are truly horrible and I can't believe the actual ski is very different. But what do I know?

(I only went on to the site to check their opening hours, as my current skis need servicing. rolling eyes)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, the lady at Bartletts says nothing's changed except the graphics and that this is a terrific ski. Is there nobody around on here with views?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maybe another option and a great price

http://www.snowfit.co.uk/product/Ski-Hardware/Skis/Womens/ROSSIGNOL/S2-WOMANS/-15713
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, mmm, I've never got on well with any Rossignol skis I've tried, and it's not really a park ski I want. These Dynastars have the sort of versatility I'd like and they are in effect a slightly more grown-up version of what I've currently got. Still tempted, particularly since they have them in my pixie size.

But in truth, there's still plenty of life left in my present skis.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Timbobaggins, different kind of skis though, aren't they. I didn't think Pedantica was heading into the park. The Dynastars look great - too short for me though. How much would bindings add to the price?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, what do you want from the ski???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Something to help you soar, free from fear, living in the moment, edges glued to the mountain, G-forces you've previously only dreamed of, exhilaration taking the place of anxiety, solid platform in the couloirs, stability in the air, a platform which takes your skiing to new thrills, a buzz which lasts all day and leaves you laughing huskily with emotion as you reluctantly click them off when the lifts close, after a day of memories which will last forever and sink gratefully into a chair on the terrace, watching the sun go down.

That kind of thing?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, in answer to your first post: £90. In answer to your second post: exactly. Laughing
Seriously, a little bit more stability on piste than my current skis, which I believe the Edens will give, plus an extra 10cm underfoot for some additional float on slush and the odd bit of off-piste.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pedantica,

Are they red?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Are they red?

You may jest. But the Snow and Rock "ski selector", in addition to other more sensible criteria, includes a box you can tick for preferred colour.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
musher, no, they're very understated graphics-wise, which I like. Take a look at this year's version, though. Ow.
http://www.dynastar.com/GB/GB/dynastar-skis-women-allmountain.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Orange! I'd have to buy a complete new outfit - including boots!

I've got some lovely green Fischers at the moment. Wish I still had my last jacket Very Happy

I know it's not the done thing round here, but I have very easily pleased feet, and I wish you could select boots by size on web sites.It's so frustrating to troll through all of your favorite makes only to find they don't have anything in your size.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have this exact ski. AFAIK they are not rockererd though and the latest models are.

I really like them, they are versatile, fine on piste yet also decent in powder; easy to ski. Much better in lsush than my burning luvs. Very nice. I also like the graphics. What are they thinking with this year's graphics?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, You should get them. I wish they had them in my size.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh dear. I refer you to the words
Quote:

Somebody please tell me why this isn't a good idea!
in my original post, written with an eye to my bank balance. rolling eyes
snow report
Pedantica, You might be run over by a number 19 bus tomorrow, no point in shuffling off this mortal coil without a loaded credit card is there? Laughing . Seriously, treat yourself, I understand that you have had a tough year with hospitals etc. You deserve them!
snow conditions
Megamum, Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

Oh dear. I refer you to the words...

OK, here we go.

It is very improbable that you have the technical ability to "out ski" your current skis, and learning to ski powder on piste-style skis will ensure you have the technique right and are not just relying on fat skis to do the job for you.

Put the money towards on off-piste ski course, instead.

How about that?

I remember my flute teacher wondering whether the reason I was so rubbish at high notes was because of my instrument, so she played a few arpeggios on it.

Sounded quite, quite, wonderful. wink

My son who (compared to me and most recreational skiers) skis like a God has a very tatty old pair of skis that a guy who had spent the season in Morzine couldn't be bothered to cart home and gave me for nothing. He wouldn't say they're the best thing he's every skied on, but they were free, and he still looks better than any ordinary punters around the mountain and goes like the wind.
latest report
pam w, thank you. Most helpful! Very Happy
ski holidays
pam w, but what Pedantica's, hankering after is new shiney sexy skis..............let's sell her the idea eh? wink
latest report
Pedantica, I think they are quite dear for a sale price if you are having to add bindings, there are loads of deals around at the moment and I saw these at Edge & Wax for £225, you would of course have to check whether they were suitable for you.
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/151396/products/dynastar_exclusive_reveal_dnstar_womens_skis.aspx
ski holidays
Mags2009, I think Pedantica is looking for something rather beefier as well as wider underfoot. They tend to be more expensive.
snow report
pam w, I was giving these as an example of what can be bought as there is good deals out there. I still think the the price is too high for a 2010 ski without binding.
snow conditions
Mags2009, yes, maybe you're right. The Reveal is not the right ski for me, but if you can find me a cheaper pair of 152 Edens, I'd be delighted. (I'm rather brand loyal to Dynastar.)
snow report
Pedantica,
You could always get in touch with Skibartlett and make them an offer including bindings. I have a Dynastar at the moment which I really like but I will be changing them next year, I tend to change brands depending on what suits me and have tested a Volkl which I found very good but next year it could be Dynastar again.
ski holidays
Pedantica,

They're orange for gods sake. Buy the off piste lessons instead.

If they were red it would be a different matter wink
snow report
musher, no they're not, the 2010 model is brown. It's the new ones which are overly bright.
snow conditions
Haven't read most of the thread, but they appear to the Legend Sultan 85, but with different graphics (for the laydeeez, I guess). If so, they are brilliant skis, very good onpiste (nice and stiff, good edge grip, carve nice medium-radius turns), much more float in powder than you'd expect for the size, truly excellent in cut-up funky snow, slush and moguls. I gave my ones to my Dad as they were a little short for me and I wasn't using them very much, he's not a brilliant skier but also loves them and doesn't find them 'too stiff' or 'too much work,' which lots of people seem to worry about.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 13-09-12 9:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica wrote:
(I'm rather brand loyal to Dynastar.)

Cool

Me too, they make great skis - great build quality.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Haven't read most of the thread, but they appear to the Legend Sultan 85, but with different graphics (for the laydeeez, I guess). If so, they are brilliant skis, very good onpiste (nice and stiff, good edge grip, carve nice medium-radius turns), much more float in powder than you'd expect for the size, truly excellent in cut-up funky snow, slush and moguls. I gave my ones to my Dad as they were a little short for me and I wasn't using them very much, he's not a brilliant skier but also loves them and doesn't find them 'too stiff' or 'too much work,' which lots of people seem to worry about.
What more can one ask for? And I shouldn't be surprised if your Dad is the same sort of age as me. I'm not a brilliant skier either! wink I'm hovering here.............
snow conditions
Pedantica, everyone needs new toys sometimes wink
ski holidays
Pedantica, Perhaps you may want to consider the Scott "Maya", Severn Sports in Leeds are selling the 2012 version for £230 delivered. They got 155/165 lengths

Sidecut - 116-76-106 (155cm)

Turn radius - 13m (155cm)

Width underfoot - 76mm

Scott Maya Skis 2012

Group - All Condition Women's Light (40% On Piste / 60% Off Piste)

Concept - "The Universal" A Reference of Versatile in the World of Women's Skis, no Compromise for Ease and Stability.

Techs - Light Sandwich Wood Construction with Triaxial Fabrics / Pro Tip Rocker 350 / Sidecut (R13@155cm)

User Profile - Intermediate to Expert Women who Seek for Super Easy Light Ski.
latest report
skimastaaah, good call, two ladies I ski with got Mayas on my recommendation two years ago, both love them!
snow report
skimastaaah, thanks, I've tried this, prefer the Dynastar. Also, I don't want to go above 152. But thanks anyway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy