Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campri Ski Gloves - @ £1.29 can they be waterproof

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Taking the family ski-ing in Jan, and got a load of bargainous Campri Ski Gloves for £1.29 down from £12.99 (from sports direct). Got 2 pairs each for my teenagers as on our first ski trip last year, they both lost their gloves, one lost two pairs (left on bus etc.). They look OK (like cheap ski gloves) but I am concerned about them being waterproof enough. I wore gloves last time that I had had for 20 years (12 trips) that I loved for sentimental reasons, but they had a rip and were hopelessly unwaterproofed - and on one occasion my hands were so cold I bought some silk inner gloves from a ski-shop on resort at extortionate prices (but did the trick). I've now bought myself some new expensive gloves. I know what it is like to have cold hands, but I don't want to buy the teenagers expensive gloves for them to lose (but I will feel bad if I am making them "make do" with unsuitable gloves). Is there anything I can buy to help the waterproofness, also if I am looking for inner gloves, what should we be looking for. We are going in Jan, it is likely not to be that warm. thanks, Sal xx
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sjpkgp, get them nice, but not too expensive, gloves as a Christmas present. T K Maxx usually has some good ones. Tell them that if they lose them, they pay to replace them themselves. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can buy a waterproofing spray from most outdoor shops. I buy those cheap and cheerful £1 stretch to fit kids gloves and use them either on their own or as a liner for mitts in REALLY cold weather. At a £1 a throw and tiny enough to fit in any pocket I take a couple of spares to swap out if they get wet.
I've had cheap and nasty gloves that have been waterproof but rip easily and expensive gloves that have ended up sopping. A lot of people love Hestra but thats daylight robbery in my opinon specially for teens likely to lose them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
or get them some cheap wool gloves?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hands are one of the bits that feel the cold the worst, and IMO gloves are one of the bits of kit even first timers shouldn't scrimp on too much. For around £30, which isn't that much, you can get something decent. So basically, what pam w said.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

A lot of people love Hestra but thats daylight robbery in my opinon

Depends how much you expect to use them. Not many gloves out there that will last many seasons of hard use all season long.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lilywhite, some Hestras come with 'hand-cuffs' as they call them. It's difficult to leave them behind when they're attached to your wrist Wink

String works just as well, mind.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alans deep bath wrote:
lilywhite, some Hestras come with 'hand-cuffs' as they call them. It's difficult to leave them behind when they're attached to your wrist Wink

String works just as well, mind.

Also, some Hestras (like my Heli) have removable insulating liners which makes washing and drying much easier, helping prevent wiffy hands after a few weeks use
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sjpkgp, Just buy them 10 pairs each and if they moan about cold and/or wet hands give them a new pair Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just Scotchguard/Fabsil them
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guys, I didn't say Hestras were no good, just that they are bloody expensive! Specially for teens, as for handcuffs/string etc, we are talking about teenagers! Its a rare teenager who won't equate that with mittens on elastic. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I will kick the trend here and say that I haven't been particularly impressed with Hestra's either for the kids or for me.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sold my Hestras, never had such cold hands. Evil or Very Mad

sjpkgp, at that price they're going to be rubbish, but if your kids are that careless with their kit there's no real point in buying them anything more expensive.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy