Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers from Salzburg to Schladming.

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of DIYing a few days in Schladming next year. Anyone know the easiest options for transfer from the airport to resort?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a direct train that takes about an hour and a half for 20 euro.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we have used them:
http://www.reisen-habersatter.at/transfer-buchen-en.php?a=1

Cheap but you might have to wait a bit for other passengers arriving on different time. Max 1hr though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
musher, I think train will require bus from airport to Salzburg and then taxi/walk from Schladming train station to the hotel.
This is only 53Euro return and will pick you up / drop to the hotel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ajpaul, the transfer service that Tom W suggests is a good choice. They have been steadily improving this since I moved out here 6 years ago. It is well priced and pretty easy to book too. There are also other services available - just google salzburg airport transfers...
Let me know if you get out at all... always seem to be lurking among some trees or on top of mountains around there!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Taxi
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajpaul, the station is a bit of a walk to the town centre so If arriving by train try not to do so too late in the day. Last jan I turned up at 9pm on a snowy evening & the station was deserted with not a taxi in sight , nor any sign with cab phone numbers - ended up ringing the hotel & getting them to send one down.

flangesax, Will be out again this coming jan, maybe catch you then
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info folks - I think we'll go with that transfer service.

By the by, does anyone know the actual dates of the world cup there in Feb? Might try to avoid the weeks immediately before and after.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickH, don´t lose your bag this time wink

ajpaul, The World Champs are 4th-17th Feb, also it is Fasching (carnival) during this time so the place will be rammed

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 8-09-12 8:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom W,

53 euro soon adds up when you take the family! My kids often get to travel free on the trains.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Transfer is pretty quick. We manage to ski on the same day. Arrived in the resort around 12. On the slopes at 1pm. Great.
If you buy 6day ski pass (or maybe even less I am not sure). I think you can ski from 3pm (or 2pm) the day before for free. Good start.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ajpaul, we used www.salzburgtaxionline.com a few years ago for a transfer to Bad Gastein. We booked early and the price was pretty good! Drop them an email.

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tram from Salzburg airport to train station is OK and cheap and fairly regular.

Interesting comment about lack of taxi phone numbers at Austrian train stations - same at Westendorf. Always note a few down from the web before you leave this country! Complained to the lcoal tourist office about it - I am sure they ignored me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, Yup, that was a bit of a downer Embarassed
Long way off yet, but reckon I owe you a beer if you're in the area. Just booked accom for the week 12th-19th jan.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
if you have more than 4 people then it is always worth checking the transfer page on the salzburg airport site. There is a service that offer a flat fee for single trips including up to 8 pax.

I really can't be bothered to turf out the links... use google Wink
ski holidays
Taxi Maxi in Schladming. Excellent service in 8 seater VW Caravelle's with ski holders on the back. Ultra reliable.
ski holidays
nickH, lol, I wasn´t much help!! Give me a shout when you are here though, always good to ski with you Blush
latest report
kooky, the sympathy & offers of help were most welcome at the time. Will be in touch re a catch up nearer the time !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy