Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pragelato - Via Lattea

Poster: A snowHead
Having a hell of a job finding accommodation over the New Year and have been offered the Club Med in Pragelato.

I've never been skiing in Italy. Does anyone know this area? It looks pretty good and as far as I can tell it is all linked together to give a huge amount of skiing.

We've previously skied in the three valleys and St Anton.

Any tips would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Piste map
I don't know it though I've skied much of the area - mostly off-piste. Looks like a small place right out on the edge of the total (stretched out) ski area with just a cable car access. I don't see a piste going back so you need to check there is one.
I know the French (Montgenevre) end which I love (and staying at Pragelato would be a big slog to get to - so you might never get there).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed there a few years ago in the olympic village just at the side of the cable car. It's linked quite well to the Milky Way, fabulous place to ski and one of our favorites.

There is one main cable car to and from the village to the main ski area (although it does have its own little hill on the opposite side of the valley) and as you start the day there is a 200m walk/skate to the first chair.

There is no way to ski down at the end of the day unless you know the secret cut through the trees, however looking down from the cable car you'll probably end up dead down a hole or eaten by a bear if you try it Laughing

Equipment hire and storage is about 30m away from the cable car.

Food, as with all of Italy is about 25% cheaper than other alpine nations.

Kids under a certain age get a free lift pass.

Dont bother forcing your way over to Montgenevre, there is more than enough skiing in Sestriere, Sauze and Sansicario.

A few pics:-

There is a snowmobile trek company that charge about 80e for a 90 minute taster. Get used to the sled on a small track then head up the valley to Sestriere.

Olympic village:-

Little feller under the chair in Sestirere:-

Top of the mens olympic piste in Sestriere:-

Random shot:-

This is taken just after getting off the cable car out of Pragelato.

Would I stay there again, maybe but I prefer Sauze.

Would I ski the Milky Way again, deffinatly!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like a big waste of ski time having to take the lift down.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Not really. There are plenty of good resorts where you take a cable car down. At the end of a long hard day, what's wrong with that? It looks a lovely area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball wrote:

Do some people not read? You can't ski down.

Pragelato village was developed for the 2006 Turin winter olympics and the gondola linking it to the milky was was built afterwards.

There was talk in the bar that someone had overheard that their sisters brother in law had heard about a text message someone sent about a run might be cut into the forest down to the resort.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Not really. There are plenty of good resorts where you take a cable car down. At the end of a long hard day, what's wrong with that? It looks a lovely area.

Where?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Madesimo.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homers double wrote:
snowball wrote:

Do some people not read? You can't ski down.
Puzzled That's why I said it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it's impossible to ski then it isn't a waste of ski time, its just a fact that you have to get the lift.

Last lift down (IIRC) was about 5pm so pretty late anyway.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No, you could stay somewhere else that is actually in the ski area and then you wouldn't have to use the lift.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair point but we paid less to stay in a 4* luxury appartment with hotel facilites, ie a swimming pool, food etc than a 3* hotel without so it suited us with a child who we could take swimming and mrs double could use the spa.

I'd say as a family holiday it was a decent pay off.

OP says he is having trouble with accomodation over the new year, I'd say its a reasonable sacrifice, 10 minutes on a lift each evening or no holiday... Hmmm.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh well, 10 minutes isn't so bad. I was imagining twice that plus a wait.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nah, its a short ride and the village makes it worthwhile.

The new stuff was built for the olympics so is all top notch accomodation.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi homers, what was the 4* apartment you stayed in? Cheers
snow report
Google calls it Hotel Kempinski, Pragelato Village but drop the Kempinski bit as it's just called Pragelato Village now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy