Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chatel advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

After doing a forum search and not really finding anything of use within the last few years, I wanted to ask some advice about Chatel... I have been to the PDS on several occasions but never been to the Chatel side. I wondered if anyone would be so kind to advise on the best places to stay for access to the best slopes/off piste...

We have looked at a couple of apartments in 'Petit Chatel' just because that happens to be where they were, not looked there on purpose... However, I am concerned about the location re restaurants, bars, access to PDS, Food shops etc... Is Petit Chatel a good location to base ourselves or would further into the main resort be preferable... (if possible)?

Can anyone help me please...

Thx loads in advance...

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlpineAddict The best skiing is to be had on the Linga and Pre La Joux sectors and this will give you direct access to the core PdS circuit including Ardent, Avoriaz and the Swiss side. There is an uplift at Petit Chatel that gives access to Super Chatel and Torgon but I guarantee that you will be driving across town to the Linga lifts and that isnt a pleasant experience at peak times. Cant really help you with bars etc
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I spent a couple of seasons in Chatel, its a great place , no high rises or concrete ugly looking buildings, Petit Chatel is great , it can be a little out of town but still walkable but walking back can be a pain, buses stop at around 7.30 pm. You are close to the Barbisonne lift, though this can be very slow at times.

Either find somewhere in the center of town like that you are close to the restaurants and the church square where all the busses drop off and pick up. During peak weeks traffic can be bad so expect long bus journeys if you are staying in the center. Linga is perfect with direct access to main ski circuit, but do check out what time the busses stop as if I remember rightly there is only one restaurant in this area so you would want to try out other places to eat in the center. Another place to stay is the road heading to Lac de Vonnes, plenty of accommodation and a small walk to town. Another thing , I think it still runs is the Tunnel Bar offer a free pick up and drop off up till around 1am in there mini bus, as long as you have some drinks in there bar or a meal at there restaurant the Chesery.

Chatel and Linga have some of the best skiing and I personally think the snow holds better on the Chatel side, its worth trying Chatel out.

Good luck

Paul
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy