Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Being less rubbish at skiing. A masterplan. Anyone got any ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
skimottaret,

For what it's worth, my office (place where I work) Windows IE doen't meet with your site's approval - it sneers at it with quite a snide put-down ......
Firefox it is then..... Confused rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - genius - reprogram an entire server based, networked, highly secure IT system from scratch to watch ski training videos - why didn't I think of that???
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Yes - genius - reprogram an entire server based, networked, highly secure IT system from scratch to watch ski training videos - why didn't I think of that???
RattytheSnowRat, was not a dig at you.... just at the site recommending Firefox, is it me or is everyone really touchy at the moment Puzzled Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gatecrasher, i was thinking the same thing this thread seems to have a nasty virus in it or something getting everyone all arsey..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, I think a new thread should be started titled "the gloves are off"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mozilla is a bit like Apple to some people. Love it or hate it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gatecrasher wrote:
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
RattytheSnowRat, was not a dig at you.... just at the site recommending Firefox, is it me or is everyone really touchy at the moment Puzzled Sad

It's nearly winter.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, im off skiing in two weeks and web cams look great at the moment snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
gatecrasher, i was thinking the same thing this thread seems to have a nasty virus in it or something getting everyone all arsey..

skimottaret wrote:
clarky999, im off skiing in two weeks and web cams look great at the moment snowHead

That's not going to get anyone's back up, is it....?

wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing Laughing I will wave at the webcam when out NehNeh
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:

Same - Stubai opens end of the month!! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret wrote:
Laughing Laughing I will wave at the webcam when out NehNeh

Laughing Shame they aren't 2-way...I'm sure there would be some pleasant 2-finger waving coming right back at you wink Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Update on the masterplan. One step forward, two steps back. Went to the Cardiff dry slope on Tuesday. Expected to pick up where I left off in January on the snow (i.e. reasonably well connected little parallel (ish) slightly skiddy turns) - bit daft to expect that I know. Failed miserably. Skied like a steaming pile of doodies. Couldn't turn (doing about 1mph not good for turning). Kept catching edges in the lovely carpet. I am told that if you can ski on the carpet you can ski on snow. Don't know if I want to ski on the blinking carpet. Completely chuffing demoralised. Fed up. Peed off. Well, for half an hour anyway. May try Ponty when open in October (longer and wider slope, more space, can get up a little speed without endangering the beginners on either side of the slope).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dobby, dry slopes are harder than skiing on snow as they tend to be less forgiving, plus it is a perishable skill so don't give up on the first go it will come back together.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dobby, Keep at it. If there is a instructor lead group session (assuming you were not in one) I'd try that. You'll be safer and the instructor will hopefully set drills that will help you adapt to the plastic.

If it's anything like our local slope group lessons are not much more than open practice.
ski holidays
dobby, chin up! If it's your first run on plastic for a while it's not going to feel fantastic, it will take a few sessions to get used to especially if your last memory was a week on snow, I normally hate getting back on it the first session after snow and I'm pretty used to the stuff, hang in there...take it right back to very basics and I mean basics! Start with a basic plough then work up to plough parallel- focus only on steering and pressure of your outside ski while doing this, once you start to feel in control again you can build on it, lower your goals for the first few sessions, persevere with the plastic, get involved in social ski evening clubs (if available) have a few lessons, see where it takes you, plastic is not fun to start with but it will I promise you pay off if...you stick with it! Very Happy

Ps you don't need to be going fast to turn on it...&....well done with starting your plan!
ski holidays
dobby, as gatecrasher, says dont give up. Its hard getting back into the swing of things on the dry mat because you need your technique to be spot on or it punishes you. As has been said go back to the very basics and work back up. You will get there, it will just take time and good occasionaly instructor led practice.

if you practice on the mat you will be surprised how easy things are when you get back to the snow.
snow conditions
Check your inbox dobby.
snow report
Crap skiing update.....crap skiing update.....crap skiing update...went to Ponty dry slope Saturday. Nice and empty. Ski-ed crap like (sitting back a bit, turning hips not feet, and far too tense), but far better than last time and thoroughly enjoyed it (apart from the one fall - right in front of a few kids - at least it showed them why you need long sleeves on carpet). Staff were nice and slope was great compared to Cardiff (watered and a lot longer and wider than Cardiff). The extra space was just what was needed. Hoping to get down for a regular group training sessions on Sunday mornings. Must book the holiday on the real stuff....
snow conditions
Cost?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy