Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading to Chamonix with a group of skiiers/boarders, with one complete and total beginner early January. Anyone know of a decent ski school for the beginner? The rest of us are solid intermediates, yet he'd obviously get infinitely better tuition from a proper instructor rather than just tagging along.
Does anyone know of a good ski school in chamonix that does morning only or afternoon only lessons, so that we can still spend enough time as a group, but everyone gets a chance to better their skiing?

Any thoughts are always appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.basschamonix.com/

This is a small ski school, all well qualified and native English speakers. I would recommend them highly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you know if they do a week of morning of afternoon sessions as a block? I've emailed them anyway. Thanks for the recommendation, hopefully they're not too much!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joe1890, Ask for Dee at Bass she is a class act.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix is quite spread out, check where you are staying and if it's easy to get to the ski school.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Filthyphil30k, Most of the Ski Schools will arrange meeting places based on your accomidation in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heard back from them today. No doubting quality. Just a question of whether he can afford it - the national trust don't exactly pay big bucks haha!

Having "self-taught" (sort of) myself, and relying on friends who are better than I am, there's no way I can teach him, nor am I experienced in terms of ski schools normal workings.
Do people reckon a few days intensive at the beginning of the week or attempting to force him to a snowdome would allow him to sort himself out for the rest of the week? As there is little to no chance of affording a whole weeks worth with Bass. Also does anyone know or trust the Neilson/Crystal tuition you can pick at the time of booking?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1890, I would go for quality over quantity. Get him to do as much as possible before going, being reasonably fit will help a lot. Your biggest problem is that your beginner mate will spoil your holiday. The TO will be tied into cheap and cheerful, the ESF will have up to 12! In a class. If he can get to the point where he can get on and off the chairlift it will make a big difference.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He runs a lot, and cycles a lot so fitness won't be an issue. Pains me to say so, but he's of the 28inch waist and falling brigade. Fitzwilliam.
jbob, definitely think without being harsh it more than likely would, and I only get a maximum of 2 weeks this year so don't want to waste time. We'll have to see! Reckon some Hemel lessons for him then, and try and get him at least a few days down in Chamonix when we all get there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy