Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau......what would you do?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I posted a question on here earlier in the year re booking for next January.

We've been to hotel Eiger in murren with inghams For the last 2 years and loved it. However this year inghams has increased the price by a fair bit and with the lift pass on top for four of us it seems a little out of our reach. (£500 more than last year)

Cost is £1250 pp 7 nights h/b

We can get flights for 7 nights £128, first class rail transfers £117 and lift pass £235 making a total of £480 which leaves cost of hotel at £770 for half board 7 nights.

The thing is, the cost of flights & transfers stay the same even if we go for 9 nights ( obviously lift pass prices change) but I was kind of hoping to get a hotel for 9 nights for the same sort of price as the 7 nights, ie £770!

Do you think this is reasonable? I've looked round and e mailed for some quotes and they're all coming back ridiculously priced, even when I asked for the 7 night price (12-19th jan) it was more than £770, (9nts 11-20th jan),

Do you think it would be cheeky to mail round and tell the hotel roughly what our budget is? See if they want the booking for 2 double rooms? I know this is the Lauberhorn week but last year it was dead in murren and very quiet in Wengen so would have thought they'd welcome an early booking?

We're not too fussy about where we stay be it Grindelwald, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen or Murren. I've even looked at appartments but would rather go in a hotel.

We're not skin flints but would just like a fairer deal.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Suzysue
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the classic dilemma, you want to get booked, and you want best bang for your buck.
I'm sure you realise that most of the hotel traffic is on Saturday night or Saturday to Saturday.
They just want to keep their option open so they can get a full week from guests either side of your week.

But I don't think what your asking is too much ... in January, they should be please to get any custom at all.
I would be tempted to take a chance, book the flights and just see what's available on the Thursday.
This will make your holiday more of an adventure!

(I'm not famous for good advice.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm Wengen will be busier than Murren because of the people actually doing the races.

That said there's nothing to stop you sending an email to the hotels requesting a quote for a pair of double rooms and seeing what comes back, with the strong Swiss Franc however I think you will suffer a little on prices Sad

Personally I'd be tempted to take 2nd class return tickets (only slightly less comfortable) and spend the extra on the hotel room
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
By the Way the Week following the Lauberhorn is dead so a few extra days there will probably be ok, a few days before the Lauberhorn is likely to be difficult
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or possibly take an apartment? We always do this now, it suits us better than hotels. Here's a link for the biggest agency in Wengen.

http://www.chalet-service.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a look at appartments but they were coming out at £600 each for the week and no one will do 9 nights!
I had a repy from a couple of hotels with offers around what we'd like to pay in Wengen & Grindelwald and one hotel in Murren, just need to make a decision now whether o book for the 9 nights are wait till Inhams drop the price of 7 nights when they struggle to fill the hotels up lol
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, Week following Lauberhorn is Inferno week in Muerren which will not be quiet!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, We will be there making a racket if we have any energy after the combined.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
suzysue2, Which Muerren hotel?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, Not in Murren no, but very quiet over in Wengen that week normally

suzysue2, which hotels in Wengen ?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D g ORf, send me a personal message & I'll forward info, I don't want to put it here as its not fair to hotels and I've not decided what to do yet either lol
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
suzysue2, which hotels have you emailed in Mürren?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy