Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best value season pass in the world? Probably.

Poster: A snowHead
To 99% of snowHeads Monarch Mountain in Colorado may be a place we have never heard of.

However if you ski in Germany and Austria you would do well to buy a Monarch Season pass.
For $359 it gives you unlimited skiing in Hochfelln, Kampenwand, Wendelstein and Oberaudorf, Germany and Hochkossen, Austria. Also Masella in Spain.

Add to that such places as Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Loveland, Crested Bute, Sierra (Tahoe) and a load more. Some of the other resorts (32 in all) only offer 3 days each but you could plan a fantastic road trip and have your lift ticket prices very, very reduced by buying one of their passes.

http://skimonarch.com/index.php/ticketspasses/season-passes

I have no connection....just read about it in Powder magazine and thought it worth bringing to the Heads' attention.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you ski in those particular European resorts, none of which I have heard of (that may be a good thing!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep. Tremendous deal.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, those are my local hills and in the 15 years I've been here, I have not skied any of them except Oberaudorf! Kampenwand is in the next valley, but it rarely has enough to attract many. Sachrang further up the valley has better snow cover and is a good kick off point for touring. Hochfelln is one of my flying hills and it did have a good season this past 2011/2012 one, they even stayed open until the end of March! Unusual apparently, enough for it to be headline news in our daily local rag. Wendelsteinbahn had a poor season but is fairly well-known as a good start for ski tours. Kossen is another local hill for me, but for summer flying!

Much better value has got to be the Tirol Snow Card - valid from October 1st to 15th May this coming season it includes 86 ski resorts, a high percentage of which are really well known ones such as Kitzbühel, SkiWelt (Söll, Scheffau, Ellmau, Westerndorf, etc), all the Innsbruck resorts. Plus you get several glaciers to play on at the beginning and end of the season. Price 670 Euro! With day tickets costing 40 something Euro, you only need about 15 day visits to start being quids in! For those of us locals it is a pretty good deal to be honest, even if we only use it pre and post season!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, it does seem rather improbable that anyone would trek around a couple of continents to visit all those places; it's only a good deal if you use it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, I see the Verbier 4 vallees annual now gives us Vail, on top of the Aosta valley and 8 days in Chamonix. This must be a much needed saving for the many people in Verbier who also have a condo in Vail.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Innsbruck Freizeit ticket keeps getting better, now covers:

NEU 2012/13 Stubaier Gletscher
NEU 2012/13 Schlick2000
NEU 2012/13 Kühtai NEU
NEU 2012/13 Bergeralm
NEU 2012/13 Rangger Köpfl
NEU 2012/13 Vögelsberg Wattens
NEU 2012/13 Skilift Rinn
NEU 2012/13 Hüttegglift
NEU 2012/13 Sonnberglift Gries im Sellrain
Axamer Lizum
Ski Arlberg
Glungezer
Kellerjoch
Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen (inkl. Hungerburgbahn)
Patscherkofelbahnen Igls
Muttereralm Bergbahnen
Bergbahnen Rosshütte Seefeld
11er Lifte Neustift
Serlesbahnen Mieders
Bergbahnen Silvretta Galtür
Bergbahnen Kappl
Silvretta Seilbahn AG – Ischgl
Skiregion Obergurgl - Hochgurgl
Kreithlift Leutasch Weidach
Hochkössen

For €350 - for a whole year (although it only covers 3 days in the Arlberg and Ischgl)! Includes MTB and swimming pools/etc for the summer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, damn that's a great deal. Is it limited to residents or can anyone get on that deal?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dot., Oh yeah, forgot to include that. Yes it is limited to residents, but to get that all you need to do is walk into the Rathaus, fill in a form (takes less than 5 mins) and away you go... If you say you'll be there for less than 3 months all you need to do is supply an address and show a passport, no further checks beyond filling in the form (last Winter, at least).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, still a fantastic deal eh. I know where I'd be heading if I wasn't leaving the UK.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have skied on the Hochfelln and Kampenwand and at Hochkössen, all being my Hausberge for many years. They are all relatively small areas.

The Hochfelln has one of the steepest pistes I know, though it isn't so interesting lower down now that the shuttle bus doesn't run from Kohlstatt back to the lift (as far as I know). Now the skiing is mostly only to the middle station of the cable car. And last time I visited the area was only open at weekends, so it is worth checking before making a trip.

The Kampenwand has some pleasant runs, though lower down it tends to lose snow quite early.

The Hochkössen ski area was one of my favourites (for day trips) for a while, especially for the Kaiserschmarr'n at the Scheibenwald hut. The hill is steeper lower down than at the top. When I first lived in the area, the lifts were on my season ticket but that stopped around 15 years ago, so I haven't been there much since then.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 seasons at A-Basin for $499. A new contender?

v the Vail Epic Local $509 for the season - a lot of "name" resorts although only Kirkwood & A - Basin might feature on the gnarly charts.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just bought my Kiroro, Hokkaido season pass for 265 quid.

Late November - first week in May.

Very happy camper.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, wrapping in those summer bits is a fantastic idea.
the salzburger Super card is over €500 now!... goonna get it again though as they have extended it to include the Krippenstein now!... Now that is pretty exciting news for me!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, Does that include St Anton in the Ski Arlberg? Also the Seefeld bit seems to be only the slopes on the Rosshütte. Bloody good value though for those who qualify on the resident clause. The Tirol Card seems to be the best bet for non-residents though, although St Anton is not included, all the others are plus a few more biggies like Silvretta/Montafon and Sölden. Plus it runs from 1st October to 15th May.

flangesax, Stil bloody good value compared to some areas innit! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
flangesax, Samerberg Sue, Does include St Anton (and all the small resorts on the normal Arlberg pass), but only for 3 days (same with Ischgl, though other Silvretta areas are whenever you want).

Tbh I would (and in the past have) gone with the Tirol Snow Card, but at the moment I can't afford it. I also need the year round Hungerburgbahn access included in the Freizeitticket to get down from our flat in Hungerburg to the city centre, as it works out cheaper than busses passes/etc, and not sure it would make sense to get both tickets anyway (especially now Stubai and Schlick 2000 are on the Freizeit) - if/when I decide to go to Mayrhofen/SkiWelt/Kitz etc it'll probably work out cheaper to just get day tickets.

Would be great to hook up with you guys at some point this season, and a Kripp weekend would be ace!! Think DB mentioned wanting to go there too...
snow report
Vail Resorts & Verbier up the game with a reciprocal deal

http://unofficialnetworks.com/vail-verbier-106287/

Certainly seems to be a bit of a battle for high end customers this year based on mutally beneficial arrangements between unconnected resorts.
snow report
For those interested in the Tirol Snowcard, I found out last week that Soelden and Ischgl are now included. Ischgl has restrictions though: from the end of Dec. to April the Tirol Snowcard is not valid on Saturdays and you have to pay a supplement to go to the Opening and Closing parties.
ski holidays
SaraJ, would be incredible if they get the Arlberg on it too, can't see it happenign though (but hey, I also thought that about Ischgl!)
snow conditions
clarky999, SaraJ, patience patience, I think they will come in in a couple of seasons, probably like Ischgl with restrictions in the main season.

If you remember back a couple of seasons or so, there were not many mainstream centres on it, mostly the smaller places but each year more of the big boys have joined in as it brings in the punters in the pre- and post-seasons and the low periods between New Year and Half Term. I can see the logic for not allowing day traffic into Ischgl on a Saturday though. The slopes may be empty but the road in and out will be horrendous! Laughing
ski holidays
SaraJ - where did you get information that Snow card cannot be sued on Saturdays. I looked on webiste but saw nothing about this. I agree about the extra money for opening and closing party
ski holidays
kiltedboarder, It's in the small print on the leaflet about the Tirol Snowcard. There's a section about the prices, and when and where the card is valid on trains and buses. Underneath is a section called: Besondere Nutzungsbestimmungen bei der Silvrettaseilbahn AG in Ischgl. I haven't looked for it on the website. When I bought my card last week, the lady in the ticket office pointed it out to me.
ski holidays
hi guys,

For me without a doubt the best option is the Tyrol ski pass.

A little bit out of the line but I have an important question. I am planing to spend the whole season in the tyrol region with my camper.

The question is: What options do I have for parking it for such a long period?

Thanks Smile
snow report
dubby, Contact the Doc, I believe he has a camper parked up in one of the villages in the Zillertal. If you do choose to set up in one location for the whole season, try and negotiate a "Pauschale" - special price based on commitment to the whole season.

Toofy Grin
latest report
Somewhat closer to home, an adult season pass at Raise is only £50.

That means that this season the marginal cost is below £10 per DAY for quite a few members since the tow has already run on 14 days. I think at least six of those have been at weekends.

The only additional cost to add is the cost of getting to the car park.

That must compare pretty well in affordability terms to most places in Europe snowHead
ski holidays
Just received my CC statement and seen that my Salzburg Superski season pass cost me £446 which is not bad I suppose. That is unlimited skiing across 25+ resorts and in total Austria's biggest united skiing area. Toofy Grin

Not so bloody happy about the £12.29 Non-Sterling transaction fee though - thieving bloody bastards at the bank! Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy