Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term 2013 off piste course for solo skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - can anyone recommend a company for this?

I am a teacher, hence only school Hols for skiing hence tend to ski solo as no mates will pay the premium for the pleasure of my company on a ski trip.

Usually go on a ski club of great Britain off piste course with guiding as they just offer places on the course that individuals book onto. Ski level is ski club purple plus (advanced but below expert).

Can anybody recommend another company that offers a similar package with off piste guiding or instruction that deals with the solo skier, not a singles holiday but a ski focused trip for a solo skier (age 50)

Cheers

Quickblast
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Problem is likely to be half term ..... expensive beds and lots of other teaching/guiding opportunities.

I have similar problem - and have been on last 2 SH offpiste hols which were great .... but in March .... and will never be in half term because of cost.

You could try simply booking a trip to Val D'Isere or St Anton and go with Apline Experience or Piste to Powder - recommend both - but will be pricey.
You could see if Simon at offpisteskiing is doing anything that week ....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Quickblast,

We offer catered chalet holidays to a variety of people, including those travelling alone, and never make a supplement for solo skiiers travelling alone. We don't run ski or training weeks or clinics but we can help you to reserve this with in-resort ski schools if that would work for you?

Happy planning!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quickblast, depending on your age group, UCPA may be an option (generally 18-40s). I know a lot of teachers who use them during half term.

For off-piste tuition / guiding they really are very good value including all guiding, equipment, ski pass and three meals a day. Groups can be larger than a shared private guide though so that is something to consider.

If you are looking to go to Chamonix I would book now because one of the centres in that region is closed for this season so places are filling up fast - especially on the off-piste groups. Flaine also has quick transfers from Geneva and is a more comfortable centre than most - with lots of twin rooms available although there are off-piste course available all across the alps so take your pick.

See www.action-outdoors.co.uk and use discount code SP2010 if you decide to book.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quickblast, welcome to snowheads. snowHead There have been a few reports from over-40s who have been to UCPA - it's not always strictly enforced, talk to Action-Outdoors.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for replies. Have looked into all options and Have found a good solution for half term.
Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quickblast, Have a great holiday!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy