Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bozel to be linked by lift to Courchevel by 2015?

Poster: A snowHead
Plans afoot!
http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2012/08/24/une-liaison-bozel-courchevel-en-15-minutes-pour-2015
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i saw these plans and think its great that I shant have to get the bus any longer from bozel... I just hope new development doesnt move into the area and destroys that charm of the place
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow_badger, where do you think the money will come from to pay for the lift...!! Developers will have fingers in the pie for sure, Courchevel aren't going to cough up much - they can't even be bothered to pay for a decent bus service to avoid all the cars they complain about going up the hill...

I think we will see Bozel change quite a bit if the lift does happen, and probably not for the better. (Pessimist? Moi?)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
oh i definately understand who would be paying, though i agree with you that i dont think it will be for the better... along with sky high prices !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know which Courchevel village it would actually connect to?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RUGBY PETER, 1850 according to the link above.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have also heard rumours about a large Super U being built in Bozel, any truth to that?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skichampcouk, I've also heard rumours of Aime being linked to Aime 2000 by cable car ..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skichampcouk, I think that one has been mothballed for the time being.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
(they are in the process of enlarging the Salins SuperU as we speak)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
offpisteskiing, I was in the Super U in Salins the other week and they had just started using part of the extended bit, it looks like it will be pretty big when it is finished.
I couldn't understand why the rumour had been going around about one being built in Bozel as they were extending the one in Salins and thought maybe it was something to do with this lift project. If they develop Bozel there will be more demand for a large supermarket, at the moment I don't think it would be viable.

For us lot in Champagny it would be a good thing but if I was in Bozel I don't think I would be as keen.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok... As I don't read french that well.. can anyone confirm for me please if this is purely a proposal, or something that, from this article, seems likely to happen by 2015?

I understand that locals might not want to see beautiful village over-developed but from an economical point of view and from those folk that live there love to ski the area, I am sure this news would be more than welcome... 15 mins straight up to 1850 and no need for the hassle of driving up to 1300 or La Tania...

Surely will also have a positive effect on house prices for those that have invested in the area as well???
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As I understand, it is a proposal that has been on the cards since 1992, on and off. Although it now seems more likely to happen. We live in Bozel and welcome the lift up to 1850 in 15 mins, we are actually looking forward to it.... This being said i also hope that our village doesn't become over developed. Only time will tell... Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlpineAddict, Google translate the article I linked to ! It gives a reasonable idea of what the proposal is and how time and attitude and local politics have changed since the 1992 proposals.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlpineAddict wrote:
Ok... As I don't read french that well.. can anyone confirm for me please if this is purely a proposal, or something that, from this article, seems likely to happen by 2015?

I understand that locals might not want to see beautiful village over-developed but from an economical point of view and from those folk that live there love to ski the area, I am sure this news would be more than welcome... 15 mins straight up to 1850 and no need for the hassle of driving up to 1300 or La Tania...

Surely will also have a positive effect on house prices for those that have invested in the area as well???

Seems unlikely for 2015. They seem to want some tax payer money.
snow conditions
Quote:
Google translate the article I linked to ! It gives a reasonable idea of what the proposal is
Indeed Puzzled
Quote:
The association "Vivre en Tarentaise"....fears that focuses down nuisance to the top found the pure air of the heights...
.....Said Monsieur Unwin?
latest report
mountainaddict, that daft-sounding bit says something on the lines of the Association "Vivre en Tarentaise" (the "elle") fears that things (pollution etc and vehicles, I suppose) would be made worse for those down below, so that they would improve for those up top.

It all sounds a way off, from the tone of that article. Definitely just a proposal/pipe dream. It "could" be built in 3 years. Or it could not.
snow report
Glad to hear the SuperU at Salines is being extended. Saw the building work start few months back. As for the new ski lift, we can only wait and see.......
latest report
theskibug, The main downside to the work going on at Super U is that they have removed the laundrette to make more room for cars to park whilst they are extending. I had to search around Moutiers to find another one last week when we were out there cleaning after the Summer season.
For anyone who may miss the launderette there is one near the church in the centre of Moutiers, it also has a few cafes nearby.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 12-09-12 15:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Really? I have many memories of hours spent in that laundrette! Still be great to have a better SuperU.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy