Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra no smoking!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wanted to let you all know that andorra from the 1st jan will be no smoking in the bars and restaurants!
I read a lot that people struggle with the smoke, but from this next year there will be no more!!!! spread the word x
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn! One of the few places that remained that you could light up a celebratory cigar after a great day's skiing or course pass. Sad As long as they don't start taxing the booze! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, They are taxing everything else Sad A 35% drop in the number of the tourists passing through Andorra last year saw a similar reduction in revenue, so to bolster up the government (that has overspent) they have raised taxes on virtually eveything. So now that they have almost wiped out the main incentive for tourists to visit i.e. tax & duty free, there will be even less income from tourism. So they will raise taxes again. Confused Wonder when they will see the light?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a step in the right direction. At times it was genuinely unbearable on our visit, and I was a smoker at the time Sad Hopefully the cheap food and drink will continue, and they don't go too nuts with the taxes on booze.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suspect many more people will now go to Andorra now that you can go out at night without having to endure cigarette smoke.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does that leave Austria as the skiing smokers choice now?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Probably. We've spoken to Gasthof owners who find the fact embarassing - and that was before the Andorra situation.

Much as Mrs MA and I love Austria, it's a shock to the system to have to endure smoke in bars and restaurants - especially when the smoker on the next table keeps their fag at arms length and as far as possible from their own party - but almost on our table instead..... Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brilliant
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict, Perhaps you should have to find a seat in the non-smoking section! How long ago did you last visit?

There has been a law in Austria for some years now stipulating that any establishment with more than 80 sq.m area has to provide separate areas for smokers and non-smokers. To begin with these were often small dark corners beyond the smoking masses for the non-smokers. As time has gone by the owners have recognised that the vast majority of their tourist guests prefer non-smoking, the big breakthrough coming when the Germans introduced a non-smoking rule for restaurants and bars. In many mountain restaurants the whole inside areas are non-smoking and more and more hotels are also entirely non-smoking.

The difference is that the Austrians have introduced this system without the need for draconian legislation, based on the principle of live and let live. Anyone whose smoke is annoying me is politely but simply told of the problem. I have not yet had any other response than effusive apologies and extinguished offending cigarette. Those who know also know that I am very intolerant of any tobacco abuse in my vicinity! If I feel that a hut or restaurant is too smokey, I do what everyone else with common sense does, I take my custom elsewhere, no shortage of huts/restaurants to choose from? Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Bulgaria?

My recent experiences of Austria were more along the lines of 90% smoke free, with many smokers voluntarily going outside anyway. Even in the snow. Probably because they're so used to it elsewhere and back home, and/or that's where the bar/restaurant had put the smoking area.

Seen 1-2 places in Germany with indoor segregated area, but (at least here in Hessen) afaict they have to be fully separate partition with positive air pressure ventilation in the non-smoking part.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy