Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way ski films

Poster: A snowHead
Here are the latest two films.....

http://youtube.com/v/tuQtHIo1Tvw

http://youtube.com/v/1rV6aN9up20

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 26-08-12 14:21; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice films. Lovely empty pistes. A surprising amount of snow fencing around the Milky Way.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been there twice. Got slightly more people than the films show but always met with good snow. In both trips managed to find newly groomed areas to ski down the Cesana/Sansicario Olympic runs so it is true this domain is relatively free from the crowd.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The French (Montgenevre) section in particular has very good off-piste - including steep stuff and tree skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arctic Fox if you are looking for feedback I think they are a bit "samey" - all being shot from a headcam viewpoint. Try different camera mounts (poles. skis even handheld would break it up a bit). Transitions are not very dynamic either and I think they could relate to the music more closely. A couple of great sound tracks but the cut of the film is not synchronised to any of the music.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Tiger2.....was not looking for feedback at all...and wonder what your authority is on the subject?

Not sure I need to explain myself, but briefly....I had a different GPS camera on trial for a very short time, no time to fanny about with it. I ran this camera forwards and on standard settings 1080p & 30fps, pointing it roughly in the correct direction. 8 months later decided to throw it all together and see how the material/data edited. You forgot to mention the camera wasnt centred correctly by the way! This work has not been commissioned by a tourist authority, ski school or travel company and therefore need not be perfect and is not. I had added a link to this forum as it may help people to see what skiing in this area is like.

For reference, I do not put cameras on ski poles. Ski/boot mounting or hand held is an option sometimes (usually on piste at lower speeds) Goggle mounting doesnt work with some wide angle cameras either. Just the size of the camera can make this impractical too. Shadowing, image noise, the constant pole/side of helmet in shot, I find annoying, however this is a personal view. Much of the time I helmet mount a camera forwards and then ski backwards to film a following subject. When the pace is quicker or the situation busier, this becomes unsafe to do and then relies on subject staying in shot of rearwards mounted camera, which often needs more takes. Fixing cameras close to snow can be costly, lenses freeze, cameras get broken when pulling G's carving on piste or in powder off piste.

Re Synchronising clips to music..... sometimes works and sometimes does not. It depends on what the editor wants/likes/needs. A great example of it not being done is when Jeremy Clarkson is staked by an Apache helicopter. Have a look and see.

Thanks for your advice anyway, I will be ignoring it Very Happy

I will offer some advice directly to you though Tiger2....same as I give the people who write in to points of view.....'if you dont like it, dont waste your time watching it, only a fool would do this then spend time moaning about it, life is too short, don't you have anything better to do' Puzzled

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 9-09-12 9:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HANDBAGS AT DAWN! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meh wrote:
HANDBAGS AT DAWN! Toofy Grin

I don't think it'll wait till dawn!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ouch. Touchy touchy Mad Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Thanks Tiger2.....was not looking for feedback at all...and wonder what your authority is on the subject?
rolling eyes

Jeez - lighten-up ffs
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arctic Fox wrote:
Tiger2,

blah

blah

blah

blah

life is too short, don't you have anything better to do Puzzled

Comparing wordcounts, I'd assume that yes, yes they do.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arctic Fox wrote:
don't you have anything better to do' Puzzled

Smacks of irony to me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No Gs were pulled in the making of these videos!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arctic Fox wrote:
.....was not looking for feedback at all/

Are you familiar with the internet?

Arctic Fox wrote:
...and wonder what your authority is on the subject?/

One can only assume Tiger2 has eyes, ears, a brain and an internet connection, making them a highly qualified authority on anything and everything on the internet. Please refer to my question above.

Please enjoy my equally rubbish ski film and feel free to comment on our poor technique, terrible camera work, the fact that it appears to have been filmed with a mouldy potato and anything else you might not like as I have read the internet and know what it says.

http://youtube.com/v/n5MXslJ6j04
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow Hound wrote:

Please enjoy my equally rubbish ski film and feel free to comment on our poor technique, terrible camera work, the fact that it appears to have been filmed with a mouldy potato and anything else you might not like as I have read the internet and know what it says.

Did I see vertical video at the beginning of that? Hang your head in shame.
snow report
YOU CAN'T CRITICISE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow report
homers double, you're wrong, bog breath. Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
Admin... Admin, nasty man (I think ) called me names!!!!!!

Sad
snow conditions
Artic Fox, just remember you can find an expert for just about anything on SmugHeads wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy