Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I hope you are all well
Can anyone recommend a good insurance provider for season long cover?
Many thanks
PW
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your bank account gives you holiday insurance including snowsports cover it is often worth seeing if they will do top up cover for a season(most standard policy cover is for a maximum of 28-42 days) and check your household insurance cover too, mine protects sports equipment upto £500 quid so I only have to worry about the medical/accident/repatriation/dental cover when looking at ski specific cover which brings the cost down somewhat. While it might cost me more than £500 to replace my gear old for new £500 is more than I would get if I were to sell my equipment as is. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey, I have been looking for season long cover too. after doing a few searches theres a company listed here: http://www.natives.co.uk/holiday/seasonal-ski-insurance/4000 which seems to offer season long cover. They also offer different levels of cover to suit your level e.g rookie will cover you for the slopes but pro will also cover you for going off-piste without a guide. Prices dont seem too bad either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at MPIbrokers.com - I think we are going with them this year and we are allowed a couple of trips home.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MPIbrokers seem to allow a maximum of 31 days wintersports per trip - which isn't enough for me! Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another suggestion for MPI, very good with handling claims from my experience too (repatriation following broken ankle).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, we seem to have established that for longer than 31 days you buy Long Stay with MPI - always willing to be corrected but I have just harangued OH to check this after reading your post and it seems to be the case.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w we have now run through this with Katherine at MPI and the winter sports cover is for the length of the trip - whatever length you buy and we are paying a bit more to allow us one or two trips back to the UK, so we will be covered end December till towards the end of April. Earlier in December covered by insurance through the bank.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 10-11-12 12:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski, they're nice at MPI, aren't they? I've taken out an annual policy with them and they were a pleasure to deal with.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just read the MPI policy wording as I am looking for annual insurance which covers ski trips. The only possible problem I have spotted is that although in the introduction it states that you can choose 17 or 30 days for your ski trips in the actual policy wording it states that 17 days is the max number of days for each ski trip . As MPI are brokers if you wanted more than 17 days they would probably quote you on request. The wording on skiing off piste with out a guide seems to be ok.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
riverman, I think that what we are taking is not annual insurance but a Trip Insurance which covers us for longer. 17 or 30 days per trip is not sufficient.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use amex annual which is either 90 or 120 days I have had it so long its about £180 but probably a bit more for new customers now.
If a couple both get polices it worked out just another £70 a few years ago.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tirol 164, how many days skiing does the amex annual give you? I think we looked at it the other year but the number of days was too limited for us. And we are at the sort of ages that begin to fall off the drop down menus which does not help.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pamski my policy is from 1998 so it is cheaper at about 190 -200 but its called a annual premier giving 120 days cover per trip for winter sports I think its called annual prestige now.

One year we added the girlfriend but retained my policy and it worked out cheaper that way around 250 for two
European cover was 31 to 62 days per trip so I got the annual as it worked in indonesia surfing and further south.

I would suggest ringing as perhaps my deal is not availble but they will have a new version of it .
If you try 08000287573 or 01273668300 ask how much £££ for long term winter sports cover on the best annual worldwide policy the others are usually not so good.
Quite a few options exist so hopefully you get a switched on adviser as some are not up to speed except on shorter policys so people don,t get the right info.
If a policy looks like it might be ok ask for the terms and conditions booklet to be sent out or at least a summery of cover then you can get more indepth by phone once the summery arrives..
Let me know how it goes here as I must renew soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy