Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats after Salomon xwing6

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to do my best to get to the PSB this year. Before I go I would like a little guidence. I have had my Salomon Xwing 6 172 for a couple of years and have had so much fun with them to take me from Intermediate to advance intermediate ( so I think ). Would love to try the next step up in skis at the bash in Dec.
Any suggestions
I look forward to your input. Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at the Dynastar Outland series
I have bought some Outland 80's although they do an 87
Or the new Dynastar Cham range , seems to be getting rave reviews.

But what do i know
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Xwing Tornado
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Salomon had all their test kit at the PSB last year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys.
I will try some out early season. Happy sliding Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lordh,

1. try lots of things
2. in as many conditions (PSB probably not ideal for that but, hey, you work with what you have)
3. try lots of different styles and manufacturers. I would suggest that anything would be a massive step up from X wings. But I'm not a big Salomon fan.

Have a look at Volkl if they're there, it's difficult to go wrong with Volkl.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, hmm after Salomon, Volkl imo the ski you have to think about every turn.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic,??
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name,

Salomon - easy skiing punter skis
Volkl - Germanic technical skiers' skis?

I generalise massively of course but you might both be saying the same thing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Volkl imo the ski you have to think about every turn

Puzzled I had some Volkl skis a few years ago - can't remember what, exactly. 20/20 somethings. Recommended to me by Filarinskis - quite light, very easy, were in the sale, and I took their advice. I certainly didn't have to think about them too much and I certainly wasn't a "technical skier". They were very nice, used them for some years.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, That'll be it. Except volkls aren't any harder to ski on than any thing else, they just feel nicer.

Like silk versus cheap nylon... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would check out the atomic blackeye, really good all-rounder and could take you to a very good level great for skiing on piste but if you venture off it will cope also! http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/atomic-blackeye-skis-xto-12-binding-2012 the outland 80s as someone sugested are also a good ski!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lordh, The natural successor to the tornado’s is the Salomon Enudro series I actually think they wipe the floor with the Tornado’s.
But everyone to their own, try lots of different skis that suit your requirements and you will know as soon as you have found the right one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy