Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructor jobs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

As seen on the local ads noticeboard in BstM Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, I must be being extra dim tonight - why is that funny?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whether it was as Boredsurfing intended, I don't know, but I found it amusing. The idea that we spend countless hours complaining about how difficult it can be to get a job teaching in France, and they're advertising on what appears to be a newsagent's noticeboard. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've no idea if it's funny or not. It's a photo with no client in sight and the guy is skiing waist deep powder. Typical day at the office, I suppose, if you're an instructor in La Rosiere.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're a L4 in France I don't think it's that hard to get a job - the ESF want to recruit more L4s than there are qualified.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The idea that we spend countless hours complaining about how difficult it can be to get a job teaching in France, and they're advertising on what appears to be a newsagent's noticeboard

because around the mountains is where the qualified people are likely to be hanging out? Seems logical enough. Be a bit daft for a ski school to pay for an ad in the Financial Times. BASS in Megeve was advertising for staff last season. The people complaining about how hard it is to get a job teaching in France generally lack the required qualifications but the job isn't very well paid even for the qualified people - OK for youngsters with no family commitments, but not that much of a career progression, so I guess there tends to be a bit of a turnover.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, well, yes, I understand that. I was laughing at how the typical snowHeads debate compares to the actual reality. Get properly qualified to the expected level and you can get a job...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skisimon wrote:
Whether it was as Boredsurfing intended, I don't know, but I found it amusing. The idea that we spend countless hours complaining about how difficult it can be to get a job teaching in France, and they're advertising on what appears to be a newsagent's noticeboard. Toofy Grin

I guess we share the same sense of humour, there was on the same ad board an ad for St Foy but as this one was the infamous La Ros it just gives the edge Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skisimon wrote:
pam w, well, yes, I understand that. I was laughing at how the typical snowHeads debate compares to the actual reality. Get properly qualified to the expected level and you can get a job...

There's no difference in the typical debate as far as I can see - no one doubts that there are jobs for full L4 certs. The debate usually centres around how attainable L4 is for the average not raised in the mountains Brit due to the existence of the Eurotest and how the Eurotest is or is not justified.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The fact that there are so many schools looking for instructors is actually indicative of how absurdly the french regs have skewed the market. lack of instructors drives up the prices people have to pay and rewards those who are "in the club". even at these higher prices the jobs are still hard to fill while perfectly competent (and qualified) instructors are paid half the wage just over the border.

yawn, its all been said before. glad you find it funny rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy