Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SERIOUS INSURANCE RECOMMENDATION: Ski CLub insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just to balance another thread on here which reports a bad Snowhead experience of Ski Club insurance. I have had the Ski Club family cover for the last five years or so. I have had exemplary service and good experience of the policy and would recommend it to friends and other skiers. We have been unlucky, having had to make three claims on the policy - two for my wife tearing her anterior cruciate ligament in two separate years and one for my daughter falling ill on holiday. I can't and won't comment on the bad experience of the other Snowhead but I merely relay on my experience of three claims which has been good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just out of interest, were any of the claims from the last twelve or so months when I believe that the underwriter was changed? A lot of the complaints seem to be about the new underwriters.

Thanks for posting your positive experiences BTW, it's always good to hear two sides to a story.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
StanBowles, You are absolutely correct to mention your experience of the Ski Club insurance and such was my confidence in the policy that had I not had a 'Claim Experience' I would have probably been in full agreement with you.

Kramer, poses a very apt question as I have also been made aware that something fundamental changed about the Ski Club policy in, or around December 2004. It would be interesting to know when your last claim was.

The thread was to flag up a warning that all is not what it seems with the Ski Club Insurance product and I feel that the Ski Club has now realised this. I do hope that meaningful change will occur which will again result in a top class and robust insurance policy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes all good stuff, Bernard Condon, and Kramer. My last claim was in March 2005 with my wife's second anterior cruciate ligament. Earlier claims were March 2004 with my daughter's illness and January 2002 with my wife's first accident. All in all, a bad few experiences. The claims process, however, was straightforward and I did not notice any difference on the most recent occasion compared with the earlier ones.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the difference here that StanBowles claims were "in resort" as such and therefore the insurers couldn't hide behind the pre-existing conditions as is the case with Bernard Condon. It seems to me that even the best insurers are going to have a stab at getting out of paying....but that's just from observations, luckily neither Mr HH nor I have ever had the experience of having to try and make a claim. (touch wood, fingers crossed and all that)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just to add my 2pence worth, i have been with them for years, and had to claim last Easter (apr 05) for hospital treatment after falling ill in resort. The claim went through with no problems, as it always has done in the past. To avoid any possible exchange rate problems, i always include a conversion, and they paid out according to that.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy