Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Crossmaz 10 boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought a new pair of these boots for an upcoming season in Zermatt....they are last season's boots, but i got them for £180, and the guy in the shop said they are pretty much exactly the same boot as this years X-wave 10 (or 8, i cant remember)...
Has anyone got these boots and if so, do you rate them?

I bought them from Lockwoods in Leamington Spa, which is supposed to be one of the best boot fitting places in the UK, and it seemed very good.

Incidently, i have also recently ordered a pair of the new Rossi B2's (as i have already stated in another post)....was just wandering if anyone had skied them yet, and if so, what were they like? All the reviews i have read so far were very positive saying that they had improved on last year's model.

Cheers....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry, i re-posted this because i spelt the title wrong! didnt mean to do it twice!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can trust the guys at Lockwoods, they are undoubtly the best in the uk. The Crossmax 10, is the same as the X-wave 10, the only difference being the colouration change. Pigment will change the way boots(plastics) react in differences of temperature. A minor detail, but worth baring in mind. This may give the boot a different flex rating, as marked on the boot, i can't remember exactly. However the fit is the most important thing here as the flex can be adjusted. Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris_5000, I did the same as you but bought the X-Wave 10 instead. I thought I may take out the canting locks to reduce the stiffness, but now I've used them I don't think I'll need to. I presume you know that you can do this.

There is a slight difference between the X-Wave and the Crossmax; the X-Wave has a rubberised footbed to reduce vibrations. I don't know if it works, but I don't think you're missing much.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, is it because darker boot heat up more as well?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep. Only really noticable in the height of spring. The Salomon range are really quite the most simple to work with. If unsure about wich flex to buy, buy the stiffer one. It's super easy to modify to make them softer, however making them stiffer is almost impossible to have a noticeable effect. Sorry, this applies to only the x-wave range(and all its marketing disguises) and the course/pro model. Others from salomon prove a little more tricky, Shocked based on all the useless gizmos on them!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_5000, I have a pair, bought mine from EB at Castleford, The fitting took about 3 hours and I am really happy with the boots. I have made a few changes after 4 weeks of skiing. I had some custom soles made in Canada to correct my feet which are pronate. I was also told to use the power straps inside the shell around the boot inner rather than around the shell of the boot. This gives me more control and allows me to flex the boot easier. They are a hard boot to flex a require alot of energy to be put into the boot to get them to flex. I had found using the power straps in this way made the boot feel better and more comfortable.

Really happy with the boots and never had any foot pain or cold feet. The problems with being pronate was only spotted because I naturally turned to the left when skiing on my right foot down the fall line. Once this was rectified the difference was amazing and I was able to power out of turns more efficiently and it was less effort to ski.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big smiles then Russell?
No need to complecate matters more than that! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for all the responses guys-all very helpful...

Marc, yeah he did tell me about the canting locks, and gave me some plugs incase i wanted to remove them.

I also bought a special liner with them which cost £100...can't remember what it's called but it's got oil and cork in or something?? Make sense? Has anyone had any experience of these liners?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris_5000, zipfit I'd guess. Theory sounds good, but never used one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great product. Not quite up to the precision of Foam, but lasts longer and can be transfered from shell to shell. Stiffens up the boot alot. Make sure you have access to a shop whop has a refill gun as they most often need to be topped up. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy