Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I'm going to be driving through austria in 2 weeks going from budapest to munich, so pretty much straight through the middle.

I'm looking to stay for a couple of days in a decent resort with maybe mountain biking, sailing, or other activities, maybe even skiing?

Can anyone recommend any places?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zell am See has a lake for sailing, a mountain for biking on (or jumping off with a paragliding wing) and a glacier 10 minutes away at Kaprun/Kitzsteinhorn for summer skiing. As you have a car, you could also look at the nearby bike park at Leogang or the mountain biking at Saalbach, or the giant zip-wire park at Hinterglemm, or the rafting at Lofer ...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 2-08-12 22:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saalbach has some great-looking MTB trails if that's your sort of thing (I'm sure other places do too - Innsbruck/Nordkette for one, but at the gnarlier [aka terrifying - and that's just watching!] end of the spectrum). Hintertux and Kitzsteinhorn should still have some skiing, I think Stubai too? Zell am See must have sailing going on, the Mondsee area is great too, and stunningly beautiful. Think you can dive there too. Pretty much anywhere will have great hiking, lots of whitewater rafting about...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go to the bar and ask Sue - you'll be driving past Samerberg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sellerselectrical, if she doesn't see it, I know Sue sails and does paragliding (or something similar) around Chiemsee. She also gets to Tux fairly easily for Summer skiing

clarky999, quinton, do you not think the lake at Zell is a bit small for good sailing? You can walk round it in a couple of hours
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sellerselectrical, without going too much off course you could drop off at Mondsee/Wolfgansee/Attersee aka the Salzkammergut, but it may be pricey as it is now high season (for the summer season any way).

Continue along into Bavaria and the area between Grassau and Rosenheim will offer you all the activities you want except skiing. The only glacier skiing that is easily available in August is Hintertux, Kitz has closed for summer maintenance.

All the areas have mountain bike trails - even here in my tiny village we have a downhill trail that is lift served!

How much are you prepared to deviate from your route for a couple of days? The route from Budapest to Munich is only about 7 hours driving at best!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:

clarky999, quinton, do you not think the lake at Zell is a bit small for good sailing? You can walk round it in a couple of hours

I don't really know tbh, I'm not much of a sailor! The Mondsee I mentioned is a decent size, but it seems to rain a lot in the Salzkammergut, which may or may not be an issue for the OP..?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:

It's 4km long and 1.5km wide. I've only sailed once and on a lake quite a bit smaller than that. Plus they seam to have a pretty good yacht club by the looks of it so the lake must be alright for sailing. .

www.yachtclub-zell.at

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy