Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stiff, aching ankle/lower leg - any advice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My left ankle/foot and achilles tendon has developed a restrictive ache and stiffness. Have been to GP (not the most enthusiastic solution giver I've ever met) followed by second opinion from sports physio. They seem to think it is inflammation of tendons and ligament and have recommended rest, stretching and ice.

Before injury, my training regime was an hour's power walking with 12kg in weights morning and evening plus a couple of 90 minute cycle, cross trainer, weight machine sessions in the gym each week. All conducted at a steady but not overly frenetic pace.

Haven't managed to follow the ice and stretching advice religiously but the resting bit has been easy. For the last six weeks. Now getting sick of doing nothing, missing my twice daily endorphin rush, getting fat, having doubts about diagnosis and that this is the right course of action and wonder if I should be doing anything more proactive.

Am aware that cortisone injections are a possibility.

I like to think I could ski through it but there remains the nagging doubt that it might be serverely restrictive to such activity or, perish the thought, prevent it altogether Shocked

Any sHs have similar experience and any advice?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tape it up and see how that goes. The support may help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I sprained my ankle badly three weeks ago and its still really sore, stiff and swollen. About to go back to the doctor to get it looked at again.

I utterly hate not being able to do the things I normally do. I swim, climb and do a whole bunch of other outdoor stuff and three weeks of just faffing around is poo-poo particularly with it just hurting to walk around with a limp everywhere! It's a complete cock but hopefully won't ruin my ski season.

The rest and rehab route sounds like the best bet, I'm purposely avoiding strapping it up now I can mostly move around properly because I want to rebuild the strength in the supporting tissue.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy