Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

July turns on the Petit Aiguille Vert 22nd July '12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At this time of year Chamonix is a bit of a Zoo, so not wanting to join the crowds on the Aiguille du Midi I headed up the Grand Montets

Had a 30 min wait at mid station while the decided to open the top - no weather or other problems???

Looking out at the north face of the Petit Aiguile Vert, the first part of my ski

What it looked like in summer back in the 1960's!

Looking up from the base of the stairs - all a bit frozen - putting my skins on was not a great idea - skis stay on the pack, crampons on feet.

Looking down from the top, not a giant slope, but rather firm underfoot.

Upper slope survived - time to head down the Rognons glacier towards pointe du vue

Some nice spring turns to be had

Running out of snow

Skis back on the pack and time to walk. The Argentiere glacier looks nice, but not nice to ski

Just a stumble down the track to get back to Mid Station

Scratching around for turns on the Petit Aiguille Vert from Tom Greenall
https://vimeo.com/46241214
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are desperate sir snowHead

I'll be back next week but will content myself with a walk up from the mid station to Pointe de Vue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So here's my Petit Aquille Vert story, I'ld appreciate some feedback:

2 years ago my then 4 yr old gets the summer assignment to get a picture of herself reading (as the class had just mastered such) in an unusual place, for a nursery class contest.

So in August i take her upto the north face of PAV in her summer dress and hiking boots (snow was better than in the above pics too), plonk her on my rucksac and she reads 'A Winters Tale' while I get a pic of her with a roped up team of two passing behind her, on descent, with axes etc.

So does she win? No, her mate steals it from her with a pic of herself reading in the back garden on a lounger, with the joke being it's the FT she's reading!

I mean come on! The injustice, was the fix in or what?

Thoughts...............
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well jel Idris.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
me too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker wrote:

2 years ago my then 4 yr old gets the summer assignment to get a picture of herself reading (as the class had just mastered such) in an unusual place, for a nursery class contest.

So in August i take her upto the north face of PAV in her summer dress and hiking boots (snow was better than in the above pics too), plonk her on my rucksac and she reads 'A Winters Tale' while I get a pic of her with a roped up team of two passing behind her, on descent, with axes etc.

So does she win? No, her mate steals it from her with a pic of herself reading in the back garden on a lounger, with the joke being it's the FT she's reading!

Thoughts...............

The judge and/or jury were obviously nobbled.

But life is unfair, so, as some Snowheads are wont to exclaim for each and every misfortune that befalls us, 'suck it up and jog on'.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Marmot wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:

Thoughts...............

The judge and/or jury were obviously nobbled.

But life is unfair, so, as some Snowheads are wont to exclaim for each and every misfortune that befalls us, 'suck it up and jog on'.

You say that but now i have become a bitter and jaundiced character.

When the Jubilee festivities called for a crown I barely managed to devout the effort to throw one together as I knew we had no chance of a win.

...........mind you that could be because I am a ham fisted clot when it comes to 'craft' wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy