Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Les carroz d'arches in les carroz or the same place

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I expect it's a silly question but if I don't get this right it will be slightly annoying.

Planning a lads trip to Les Carroz in Jan, when I search apartments I get a mixture of Les Carroz and Carroz d'arches. I expect they are the same place but the last thing I want to do is book int C-d'A and find it is a cheeky little suburb 2 miles outside the main village which will add to the evening stroll from the local restaurants.

Thanks for help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is the same place. There is a part a bit out of Les Carroz, further back down the road but that is called Araches la Frasse.
Love Les Carroz, (stayed there about 5 times, 8 in the whole Grand Massif ) so any further questions i would be happy to help.
PM me if you wish.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ianbradders, Araches La Frasse is the commune, The village of Araches is the original population centre (got quite a bit larger for a while in 1840's when nearly all of cluses burnt down!) and made watches before skiing became important and is still the admin centre down the hill from Les Carroz. La Frasse is another village in the commune.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Guys. My attention to detail on the spelling was poor. A lot of the rental places I am finding tend to be in "Les Carroz D'Araches", how far is that away from Les Carroz centre, I don't want to find myself a 20 minute walk away from bars/restaurants and lifts etc?

Cheers for help.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mheadbee, as ianbradders, states its the same place, les carroz d'araches is the full name, les carroz is what everyone uses. There is a free bus that goes around the village anyway, there is not that much ski in ski out, but there are heated lockers at the gondola station
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent, thank you. Cleared that up.

Needed to make sure, we usually go to Chatel but after 5 years fancied a change. Chatel is great but we stay just outside main drag and although we have a lift on our doorstep it is a small nuisance at night after a few beers. We wanted to make sure we are nearer the centre next time we go somewhere.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

As mentioned in previous posts they are the same place, great ski area and you can't really go wrong with the Grand Massif ski area. Lovely village with some stunning views.

Regards
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mheadbee, You are probably only a ten minute walk from the centre even on the outskirts of LC. Check out Hotel Les Airelles, either the hotel or they have three maybe four small apartments at the front. There is a drag right out the back door you can then ski down to the main gondola and ski back in.
Or Chalets de jouvence are ski in/out on the same lift. Really nice but expensive. Both about 5 mins brisk walk to centre.
Budget is Sunotel which is bang central but a short frequent bus ride to the lifts. Also stayed in Hotel Le Croix de Savoie and Fermes de Soleil.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy