Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best hidden gems/powder stashes - West Austria /East Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just moved here and bored at work.... time to start planning my first real ski holidays in many years!

Looking for the best powder-steep-advanced resorts in the Arlberg/vorarlberg region or while it's probably far more expensive far-east switzerland is also an option.

Are there any hidden gems or just epic resorts i need to try out? .... VERY EXCITED

Matt
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara, Mike Pow knows some good stashes other than St Anton. He did a lot of research into that area based out of Feldkirch I believe. Why not PM him directly? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warth? Sonnenkopf? Andermatt & Disentis are probably far from secret but meet the CH spec.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dulcamara, Most of the Arlberg! Some of the smaller resorts around there are good pow stashes, like Sonnenkopf. Stuben is an absolute playground. I gather there are lots of tiny 'non-Arlberg-area-lift-pass' resorts around those parts with excellent offpiste too, I don't know any of them, but if you want someone to explore with over the winter give me a shout (I'll be living in Innsbruck full time form September). We've got some great terrain around Innsbruck too, Nordkette is awesome (the only problem is if it's snowing down in the city too, everyone knows to come up and it gets a little
No Friends on powderdays!!!! from Alex Sk8
crazy - not my vid btw), and you're more than welcome to come play (same for anyone else about too). Schlick2000 and Axamer Lizum have some fun stuff too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stuben for arlberg. Great place to access offpiste before anyone staying in st Anton can reach it. Hotel hubertushof is a nice place to stay as is the mondschein and post
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dulcamara, Disentis and Sedrun are rather nice, very untouched. If you know your snow pack, lots of lift accessible stuff. Same legendary powder as Andermatt but less skied.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue wrote:
dulcamara, Mike Pow knows some good stashes other than St Anton. He did a lot of research into that area based out of Feldkirch I believe. Why not PM him directly? Toofy Grin

Never got round to doing a season in this area - the Hokkaido tractor beam was too strong.

Here's the thread I started with many excellent suggestions from the snowheads who know that area.

A Season in Warth
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65590

Hope that helps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dulcamara, Jeez how lucky are you?!

Obviously Arlberg (all of it) mega off-piste, Stuben (including legendary run down to Langen), Warth, Sonnenkopf, Schruns/ Montafon (going over New Year after Xmas in St Anton), Otz valley, Ischgl. Also supposed to be some gems up behind Dornrbirn. In CH, Laax/ Flims, Elm, Braunwald............list is massive, best area and snow in Europe IMO within 100km from where you are in Feldkirch, and great train links to most places to get up and go day skiing. Going green
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about some of the places in Liechtenstein - watched that programme a few years back with Paddy Graham and others and looked epic
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is Awesome, Cheers all, I have made a list of all the resorts above and just plan on going through and ticking them al off. I work for a tiny company and the bosses are both avid skiers so apparently if we get any great powder days we’re just gonna shut up shop in the middle of the week and go for a play…. Very excited!

Clarky999, I will let you know if there’s anything big planned and you are welcome to join us (may be some water power talk now and then but will keep it to a minimum) else if they turn out to be all talk we'll sort out some time to go exploring. Still have a few friends in Innsbruck, some of which are very solid riders so I will definitely be on the Nordkette at some point so will give you a shout.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The area around St Moritz has some awesome terrain. It doesn't generally get as much snow as places further north but well worth hitting if it gets dumped on
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy