Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tailor to alter technical clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a tailor for technical clothing at all? I'd like a lining sewn into the hood of a down jacket that I have, I realise this will probably void the warranty so I'm looking for someone who'll get it right! It's purely for the aesthetic effect, big girl that I am, so the material can be a standard plasticy-polyester type as long as it's water-repellent.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try:
http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk

I've used them succcessfully in the past for repairs and I'm sure they'd consider alterations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the other one is Tundra, they bough a lot of the berghaus machinery when they closed the factory, they do a great job http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Tundra. They took up a pair of ski trousers for me last season which were way too long for my little short legs. You would not know they had been altered at all.logos, badges etc all still there , and the articulated knees in the right place. I'm going to get them to take up the sleeves on my jacket for next winter. I am fortunate to be able to go into Tundra to get any repairs done, so I do save on the postage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^ Another happy Tundra customer here. The wife dropped her coat in to be altered (we are local) and they have done a fantastic job. They were very reasonable and had the jacket back in good time. The place had loads of other clothes in getting altered so they seem to be doing well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another here. My Marmot Gore Tex Pro trousers have just come back from repair. They had a huge tear in the lower leg and the repair to that along with some other wear and tear items was £60 but they are a £350 RRP pair of trousers which were otherwise only fit for the bin. They've done it in a way which will prolong the life too. Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andersont, pm rob@rar he had some stuff altered recently
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I also used Tundra. Great service and a BASI discount Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is it possible to fix waterproof zips? I have 2 jackets where the zips are jiggered and I can't find a tailor/repair person that can do it.

I did think I had found somewhere that could repair them, a new Egyptian tailors opened in Edinburgh and I popped in and this is exactly how the conversation went;

ME - "I have two jackets that have waterproof zips and they are broken, can you repair waterproof zips"

Egypian Dude - "Yes of course my friend, I am from Egypt and I can repair anything"

ME - "Are you sure as I have asked everyone and they all say they can't repair them"?

Egyptian Dude - "My friend, I can fix anything and I have repaired many ski jackets"

ME - So if I drive back to Kinross now and get them (20 miles each way) you are sure you can fix them"?

Egyptian Dude - "Yes, absolutely".

Me - *drives home and back then walk in with both jackets* "So here they are, how long with the repair take"?

Egyptian Dude - "I cannot fix them, it is impossible"

Me - Confused Crying or Very sad

So are they fixable or should I just throw them away?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidhammy, Give Tundra a call www.tundra-repairs.co.uk I'd be surprised if they can't.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B,

Hi Claude

Thanks very much mate, I will do just that! Great tip, cheers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy