Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow gear and sale times

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Need to buy a stack of new gear for trip next january. While ive been eyeing off last seasons gear on sale right now I cant help wondering if the big online retailers have sales just before the season starts??

These days retailers seem to have fairly regularly 30% off sales. Does this also happen in the ski industry, or should i snap up last seasons gear now?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at this thread where lots of bargains are being reported http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2068974
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of times in the past we went to the ski and snowboard show at the NEC and bought a lot of gear at very good prices. It has been a long time since we went to one so I dont know if that is still a good way of getting gear?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cubanpete, register with sportpursuit and get shopping!

What you after?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just registered on sportspursuits thanks!

Im actually after a Patagonia Primo jacket which I expect to pay full price for.

On sale im hoping to pickup a new snowboard , bindings and googles. Will get last seasons bindings and googles but hoping to get 30% of a new season K2 snowboard.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
End of march is the time to buy, for high demand items here is a window of about 2 weeks after-which all that is left are the random sizes. After that a lot of unsold stock seems to get dumped in eastern europe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cubanpete wrote:

Im actually after a Patagonia Primo jacket which I expect to pay full price for.

Primo jacket or primo down? I've seen last season primo down on sale for £350 think it was at mountain factor. I also saw the primo jacket on sale for around £200 but I can't remember where. Both in limited sizes.

Sports pursuit had a Patagonia sale a few months ago and I picked up a few tops all at half price which was ace, but can't remember what jackets they had in there.

I also picked up an evoc backpack for half price, which fits lovely and I'd never probably have bought at full price (£150).

Sports pursuit has some decent snowsports stuff, but cant remember seeing any boards in there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
its outside that has a patagonia primo jacket at half price - £225 but only peat brown medium left (and as you know patagonia sizing is big, so its more like a large)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and it was the outdoorgearshop Embarassed that had the primo down but its only in xl black
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=patagonia+primo&_sacat=0
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bought a pair of Oakley A frame goggles with emerald iridium lens for £38 this week at the Oakley outlet shop, Cheshire oaks.
Lots of others on sale too
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always buy my gear in March/April from the US, which is good timing for the NZ ski season, and seems to be when there are good deals and good stock availability. The discounts are there later in the year, but far less choice available, so it's harder to get what you want.

I bought all my gear this season at least 50% off the usual price, obviously paid shipping on top, but it still worked out really cheap.

BTW, can't believe how much that Patagonia gear is - it's really cheap here in NZ at the outlet store.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TNF in Bullring have 40% + SALE.
Oakley sunglasses -50%

2 Seasons closed down

Jack Wolfskin lots of 40% off
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TNF in Bullring have 40% + SALE.
Oakley sunglasses -50%

2 Seasons closed down

Jack Wolfskin lots of 40% off
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Cubanpete wrote:

Primo jacket or primo down? I've seen last season primo down on sale for £350 think it was at mountain factor. I also saw the primo jacket on sale for around £200 but I can't remember where. Both in limited sizes.

Sports pursuit had a Patagonia sale a few months ago and I picked up a few tops all at half price which was ace, but can't remember what jackets they had in there.

I also picked up an evoc backpack for half price, which fits lovely and I'd never probably have bought at full price (£150).

Sports pursuit has some decent snowsports stuff, but cant remember seeing any boards in there.

I bought my Primo down from TKMAxx in Limerick for €130. (where's the smug git emoticon when you need one), though I didn't see any Patagonia jackets this year they did have some Trousers in.........
snow report
I'm after the Primo jacket not down. As im wanting a nice colour I will be jut buying the new seasons no doubt at full price. Considering my last jacket lasted 10 years I think full price is still well worth it for a jacket like that.

Rogg - €130 for the down version is amazing! What colour was that? Im located in Australia so no TKmax for me here.

Gear here is such a rip off,especially considering the australian dollar is equal to the US dollar.

I was in a ski shop the other day and my girlfriend was trying on boots. $330 Australian. We then looked online and saw then for $109! All up with freight forwarding we could get them for less than $170!
latest report
.[/quote]

I bought my Primo down from TKMAxx in Limerick for €130. (where's the smug git emoticon when you need one), though I didn't see any Patagonia jackets this year they did have some Trousers in.........[/quote]

Yep I had a smug grin when I got my Norrona Lofoten Trousers for £100. Happy
snow report
Cubanpete wrote:
I'm after the Primo jacket not down. As im wanting a nice colour I will be jut buying the new seasons no doubt at full price. Considering my last jacket lasted 10 years I think full price is still well worth it for a jacket like that.

Rogg - €130 for the down version is amazing! What colour was that? Im located in Australia so no TKmax for me here.

Gear here is such a rip off,especially considering the australian dollar is equal to the US dollar.

I was in a ski shop the other day and my girlfriend was trying on boots. $330 Australian. We then looked online and saw then for $109! All up with freight forwarding we could get them for less than $170!

Have you tries BWM Snow - based in NZ but he distributes in Oz, all grey imported stuff, but he's pretty good at getting something if you ask nicely. He's much cheaper than retail stores, and backs the products with his own guarantee.

Ineresting how it costs so much more in the southern hemisphere, but the NZ Burton importer just went tits up, so presumably they weren't making a killing either.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy