Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portable decent coffee makers....

Poster: A snowHead
harrim51 wrote:
AeroPress for me, fresh beans and a hario mini mill works well. We take it to our rentals or hotel. I don’t like the pod coffees and a french press is a bit messy.

This for me.

I gave up trying to replicate a good espresso a few years ago (my Gaggia Classic would give me maybe one great cup in ten, six acceptable and three pretty rank) and I now leave it to the experts.

I'll do V60 at home along with a Lavazza pod machine (10 out of 10 acceptable, never great), but aeropress and Hario mini for camping and holidays.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a jar of kenco.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
Take a jar of kenco.

Peasant Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
narbs wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Take a jar of kenco.

Peasant Very Happy

My guess is a tea drinker Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@narbs, if you say so. it's a hot brown drink that tastes of coffee. What more do you want/need?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ wrote:
narbs wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Take a jar of kenco.

Peasant Very Happy

Bleugh to tea. I like a cup of coffee as much as the next person but I'm not a coffee snob. If its brown, hot and coffee flavour that's good enough for me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Each to their own. As said I take my staresso away with me (and my own coffee) to make a decent coffee (to office, to my parents, to the inlaws). To say that it tastes anything like instant is surprising but as long as you are happy all good Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 31-07-21 22:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
narbs wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Take a jar of kenco.

Peasant Very Happy

Bleugh to tea. I like a cup of coffee as much as the next person but I'm not a coffee snob. If its brown, hot and coffee flavour that's good enough for me.

Calm down, why say 'coffee snob'? If I say skiing in Tignes is better than MK, does that make me a skiing snob?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok...I drink coffee. I drink double espresso so I get 'coffee' but it's not a 'thing' for me if I drink instant.

Coffee snob comment relates to my coffee drinking experience...if others say or suggest instant coffee is somehow not the coffee experience then yes, coffee snob.

I don't say instant tastes like the real deal but I don't crave the real deal so instant is fine most of the time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
narbs wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
narbs wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Take a jar of kenco.

Peasant Very Happy

Calm down, why say 'coffee snob'? If I say skiing in Tignes is better than MK, does that make me a skiing snob?

No..it just means its a different experience...and you are right
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I use one of these

https://www.wacaco.com/collections/shop/products/minipresso-gr

Works good. Can get a pod version too but I would prefer not to create the rubbish. Mostly out the back of the truck with a jetboil when I’m up a ski field.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This forum is a fountain of knowledge and debate - love it!

BTW, I often find cafe au lait in France to be only luke-warm - pity!

Similarly, when they give you a tea bag and some warm / hott-ish water..!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've gone through several options since we got the campervan. I have an aeropress, a cafetiere and a small Tassimo machine for when we're on electric hookup. Tassimo is the most convenient,and I can make a cup from my bed. I don't like the plastic waste though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We use a rok [url=]https://www.rok.coffee/uk-products/espressogc[/url] both at home and sometimes when we go away. Must use an espresso grind but makes a good brew.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Pretty sure this is pretty high up the First World Problems list wink

+1.

McD's do excellent coffee. Plus you can have a McPee in a clean loo.
ski holidays
Don't get your McD's coffee in a proper mug though.
snow report
[quote="spyderjon"]
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Pretty sure this is pretty high up the First World Problems list wink

Unlike what’s the best wax for cloudy days skiing wink wink wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
We are a forum for skiers. I am quite happy to get back to discussing first world problems. I get enough of the rest every day.
snow report
We use aeropress and a jetboil. For camping you can have coffee ready in about 2 minutes. With the heat in Canada we don't want to use the cooker in the camper and jetboils are honestly great
latest report
Try one of these https://www.lavazza.com/en/coffee-machines/minu.html with compostable pods. Proper Italian coffee. Not much good for the builder's version though.

Not quite as good a Gaggia but a good deal cheaper and more portable.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:

Some like a cup of coffee. Others like a cup of good coffee!

Some like a glass of wine. Others like a glass of good wine.

Some like fish'n chips. Others like fresh fish, and chips are optional

Some like skiing. Others like to ski in powder.

I'm not the least bit ashamed to be called a coffee snob, a fish snob, and a powder snob. But I can't tell the difference between good and average wine. Still, I don't question others who insist on the best wine they can find/afford.

That said, coffee to me is not essential. So if I can't get decent coffee, I'd drink plain water instead of lukewarm brown water. rolling eyes

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 2-08-21 3:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Best coffee I ever had was shots of stuff from guys with tanks on their backs in the middle of the night in Venezuelan bus stops. Does that count as portable?

Dunno if the coffee was actually any good or just good for right then.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy