Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning another trip to Flaine next season (3rd year on the trot) and have been thinking about places to stay.

Has anyone on here ever stayed in the "Grand Vans" building or seen any of the apartments advertised? It looks like a nice location and thought it worth looking into if any are available.
It seems that the more upmarket places are outside the main resort and they do look very nice it is just that we like staying in the main part. The last two years were in Foret area which is probably my prefered choice this year.

Also while I think of it last year we had the "a' la carte" ski pass that worked out very well for us for the two weeks we were there, well worth looking into if only going for a couple of weeks.

Cheers for any advice.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
If you are doing 2 weeks it's also worth looking at a season Pass, which if you buy before early December is half price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, we did look at the early deal on the season pass but it was only the second time my wife had been skiing so would not be using full area often so the a la carte worked out a fair bit cheaper.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year we stayed in the building next to the grand vans. VERY convenient if not a little basic.
Depends on your needs really,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have now seen a few apartments in Grand Vans which look ok but like many in Flaine seem very basic. We will probably try to book something over the next month which could well be the same place as last year if available. We would prefer something not too basic which is always a bit difficult in Flaine (Forum/Foret), idealy one that does not permit animals which makes it even harder - ok I know we are just too picky!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LDM, There is lots and lots of skiing outside the flaine bowl, and it tends to be less busy, and better in falling snow, ie. les carroz and morillon you can see where you are going!

Try chalet de jouvance in les carroz, they allow dogs etc and its ski in and out, plus rather not basic!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi thanks,

Les Carroz was the first place I stayed in the area on a school trip back in the 80's I really liked the village although it seems much bigger than it was back then.

Sorry we are looking for places with NO pets.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So you should check out the new La Centaure apartments which will be open for the 12/13 season. Looks like they have a good location in Flaine Forum close to the telebenne and Grande Platieres lift. Skullie
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the p and v residence in foret is close to the slopes and we found them to be spacious and good value
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy