Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Article suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Do you mind helping with suggestions on article topics that would be useful to include on our careers site for snow jobz.

Currently

We have day in the life of....
working as.....
working and living in ... (resort)
How to become a ... (training)

Next idea

is surviving your first season as....

Any ideas would be great ...

The aim is to provide useful information to any one looking to work a season .... seasonally or professionally
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How to hold a conversation without using "dude" or "like" or "stoked".
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks... that is what i have seen in the Natives forum...... and the advice is shocking

I am just trying to get really useful articles written by people who know rather than some person in the office trying to create pages for ranking...

I want the articles to be relevant for anyone ... e.g Henry wrote an article for staying safe in the mountains.....

It would really help to know if ya older than a ski bum and decided to do a season what would you find good to read
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KSNOWZ, I did seasons too long ago to remember but I think the main issues surround burn out. Pacing yourself and keeping healthy can be written about all you like but making the messages stick is another matter. The very people who really should read the articles are also the very people least likely to.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think there are a lot of people who would like to work in the mountains but have a full time job, family, mortgage etc. and so the logistics of doing so are far more complicated than if you're doing it as a gap year fresh out of college or university with no ties.

Perhaps some articles about how to do it starting from there would be helpful, and also be more original.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How to find a job for the season - ie do you go to the resort and start handing out your cv, do you write to everyone in the phonebook from the uk, do you go to an exhibition, try the websites, the tour operators looking for staff....

and how might you improve said CV - are there any courses (such as catering or childcare) that might be easy to get onto.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How about "The skills that pay the bills: 10 useful skills that will get you employed in the mountains"
Eg how much of the local language you'll need, how god your cooking skills should be if attempting to get into the chalet chef trade. Driving expedience or how clean your license should be for transporting people for operateors etc etc etc...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
how to do a ski season during a mid-life crisis...

very relevant for the snowHead audience...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about the behind the scenes people? The ones who repair machinery (welders/auto mechanics/snowguns/snowmobile mechanics/ski tuners/etc); fit the boots and gear; and help the resorts function. Those jobs pay better than lift operators. What kinds of training and certificates does one need to obtain. Plus, what if you are just a computer geek. I think one could find a job fixing the skiers' laptops, the resorts wifi, etc. The better paying jobs are not on the slopes. Go into work at 1:00pm after first tracks; or jump on the slopes in the afternoon after a morning snow.

Service industry people are also in demand: licensed massage therapists or cosmetologists. These are certificates that can be earned in a fairly short time at a young age.

Not every job is obvious at a ski resort. Help them look behind the ski lift to see what makes a resort function.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How to sack off your job in the real world and make a respectable living while skiing bell to bell whenever you want.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy