Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Performance courses: Advance skiers wanting to improve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure there is a simple answer to this, but my wife and I are heading out to the grand massif for 14weeks in 2013 and we are looking for some performance coaching/instruction, We are both confident black run skiiers, off piste could be better but we'll get down anything. I would really like to improve so I can ski "like those guys on the telly"!

We have thought about some race training, but would also like to look at off piste.

Money is a consideration (we don't have loads) but we have time and are good at practicing! Any ideas how we could best improve our skiing over that period?

Private instruction (expensive!)
Adult ski school (will the level be OK?)
some sort of performance course?

I would be happy to spend up to €800 for the two of us, maybe €1000

Recommandations gratefully received as would any suggestion for instructors/ski school or ideas for deals that could be done !!

thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Over that sort of time you could probably stich it together with periodic private lessons with the same instructor. Wait til you're skiing your best after a couple of weeks for the first session. Take away a bunch of drills. Get checked on how you're progressing 4 weeks on etc

Alterbatively you could probably stretch to an intensive perfromce course if someone runs them in GM. Just be careful you'll be at a higher level ski fitness wise than people just arrived at GVA so might get frustrated in a group environment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dont wait till youre out there start now, i learnt a lot on dendex from a race coach in England (a chap called Dave Durgan, anyone know him?)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les carroz ski school do "freeride" weeks, cost is 270 ish a week each, that combined with a private lesson after the week would be a good idea?

The freeride stuff only tends to happen in peak weeks, as you are there for 14 weeks it would be good to see what conditions are like before you book

Private lessons are rather expensive however

see here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2058771&highlight=#2058771
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm wondering if i could find an instructor/school that might be willing to do a deal, I'll pay for 4 days at a reduced rate with him/her but he/she gets to fit the lessons in around other commitments, i.e we can plan the instruction around their calendar, do you think that is a bit cheeky? as long as we could get the 4 days done in 8 weeks, I'd be happy...

I like the idea of the freeride course, but I'm not sure I want to wait until Feb to do it, we're going to be arriving late Dec so would be good to get cracking in jan..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BenAS, A friend did some training with Flaine Super Ski last winter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Than RJS, that looks interesting, the cost per day seem OK (assuming 2013 proces will not be much different). I notice they also do off piste days as well...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy